+1

97 waveventure 1100 oil injection & 97 exciter 220 oil injection question

hey guys just bought a venture 1100 motor to replace one of my exciter motors.

My question is with the oil injection on both motors seem to be different or its missing parts on the venture.
    the exciter 1100 motor the oil injec connects to the throttle on the carbs by a cable so when your hitting the throttle its allowing oil to mix.

Is this the same on the wave venture? because there isn't a cable.

+1
    Yes....both have oil injection directly on the front of the crank that is metered by the cable postion. I would dump the injection and run premix ....but that's just me 2 cents

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Yes....both have oil injection directly on the front of the crank that is metered by the cable position. I would dump the injection and run premix ....but that's just me 2 cents

M
    Yea I planned on doing that. the best and safest way. But i was just wondering. (purchased them yesterday)
    Its weird there is only one cable hole on the throttle lever on the carbs on the venture motor and theres two on the exciter motor. That is why i was asking.

Any other information you have about these motors or tricks. What is normal compression? Do you have a manual on 1100?

Thanks

+1
    on the cab like you ask choke and throttle? choke plate is removed? That would be from a primmer kit installed? That is what it sounds like to me

+1
    The 1100 Exciters did not come with variable ratio oil pumps. If yours has one, it was installed later. Yamaha introduced the variable ratio pumps on the Exciters (don't know about the WaveVentures) in 1998. They would upgrade the '96 & '97 boats if the customer complained enough. They upgraded mine.

Personally, I'd keep the oil injection and use polyurethane hose. Also, make sure you secure the hoses properly--zip ties won't cut it.

One other thing, the boats use a relief valve in the lines because the oil tank is so much higher than the carbs. Without the valves, oil will seep past the pump and flood the engine with oil during storage. The oil tank on the Waverunners is not much higher than the carbs, so they don't install the valves on them.

Thread Information