Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tried and failed

UH...hey to all my polaris friends from sbt....yea i left that,if any of you guys didnt know my whole story...(ill make it short) i bought a slt 750 with a fuel delivery problem and i got a couple sbn carb kits i had a.....lets say 5 different hold ups trying to get the carbs apart and the screws that hold on the cover to the jets....but i finnally just finnished putting it all back together and started it up....and yes the fuel problem was solved by the new diaphrams but try and guess what my problem is i adjusted the high speed screw i couldnt get it to rev all the way......but my heres how ignorent and how i rushed it....all the springs that sbt sent be for the pop-off were not very good....they wouldnt give me a pop off of above 20...i didnt know if this was good or bad so i left it.....but know i remember that one of the springs was kinda high in one but low in the other i wasnt doing this with a pop-off tester...i made my i read the thread on sbt and i read that it was kinda low...and yes it was smoking so it was running rich......

you don't automatically use the new springs! what was your pop off? and what was your spec?

one was like 35 the other was like 20 and i was like wtf so like an idiot i cant even remember the last one because i was trying to figure out what i was doing wrong.....but the good thing is i didnt cut ANY of my springs so all i have to do is a quick(3 min) carb removal and re-do and set my pop off....what should i be aiming for on my popoff

I'd put my old springs back in! I don't know your popoff but I bet it's less than 20 like 15? make sure they are wet like wd 40 when you test!

what year again?

6. #6 yea my dad even mention the old springs...ill try but they might be mixed up with the new that i think of it how could i be soo dumb....just look at the

my internet sucks today! well a 94 is between 10 to 18 psi! yours won't be higher!

thats what i should set it at?????
    Last edited by ugadawg131; 09-16-2006 at 07:43 PM.

i have them set from 10 to 13

you just re set them ? already ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information