Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2000 stx 1100 d.i. ***no power***

I have a 2000 STX 1100 D.I. that has no power. It's just like there is no battery in it at all. I put a bran new battery in it and nothing, if i jump the positive cable off the starter to the battery the motor will turn over, but thats as much as I get None of the gauges come on, when you push the start button nothing!

Is there a fuse that could cause this, are there wires that could get crossed that can cause this? I just bought it, I was told it had a bad motor, I quickly found out that the motor was indeed good, turns over great and has good compression! However the motor was pulled and im not sure everything was put back correctly, I found several wires that were not connected to anything, I think i got them all hooked back up but it is possible that I missed one or mixed some up. Any info that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Also does anyone know where I can find an online manual?

Thank You,
    Kory

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

couple of fuses in the electric box

but my bet is that the main feed (connects from the starter solenoid) was not reconnected..a manual won't be as much help here as a good set of eyes and a voltmeter. Trace the hot lead from the battery, I'm sure you'll be up and running pretty quick.

I wanted the manual for the wiring diagram, Sorry, I should of specified. The lead from the starter should connect to one side of the solenoid, and the battery connects to the other correct? The battry connector also has about 4 small wires attached to it as well. Does this sound correct? I'll post a picture of how I have it hooked up tonight.

Thanks for all your info!
    Kory

+1

the manual isn't all that helpful

frankly, I'd be checking into the fuse situation and start tracing the wires with the voltmeter. I had a helluva time tracking down an electrical fault in a ulta 130 last season till I spotted a wire that had slightly pulled out of the ignition switch connector. Sticking the meter on it showed voltage, and the other side wasn't accessible..and an assumption the connector was good cost me a good hour of pulling the cowl and cluster out. No power at all is a blaring fault. Might as well have a look at the ignition switch connector

if you don't have a decent voltmeter..buy one today..compared to the time you spend a good one isn't all that much..a test light is good for tracing a hot line, but it won't help you easily find a broken connector

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram?

Thanks!

+1

I think OP's title is little misleading. It should say "no cranking"... but understood.

I have two of those skis. I just pulled out my engine from one ski also for some cylinder work and put it back in with no problem.

There should be two wires connected to the (+) of the battery:
    1. Red cable from Starter Relay.
    2. Red/Blk wire that goes to 2 pin/wire connector. From here one goes to 20A fuse of charging system and the other goes to 10A main fuse.

Did the ski ever turn over at all when you first got it?

BTW, if the DI engine is way different from any other 2-stroke or 4-stroke engines that you might be familiar with in terms of troubleshooting. And the engine acts little finicky as well

I connected the starter to the battery and bypassed the solenoid and it does turn over, there is no power to the MFD, it acts as if there is no battery hooked up.

I have never owned a fuel injected ski or even a Kawasaki for that matter, what are some of the things I should look for?

Any known problems, or parts that should be replaced? I bought it under the assumption it had a blown motor but the motor has good compression and turns over just fine!

Thanks for all the info guys! Yall are great!

P.S. I'm gona go play with it, I'll let ya know what I come up with in an hour or two.

Well its been a little longer than two hours, but well worth it! There was a cut ground wire! Quite a simple fix!

However were not out of the water yet! The motor was pulled and never reinstalled correctly. I am trying to get everything hooked up.

1. The throttle cable is not mounted or connected, where does the bracket mount to, and where do the two cables hook up to? I found the throttle body hook up on the end of the intake toward the front of the ski, but couldn't figure out which cable hooked up there and where the other goes.

2. I need to know how the oil hoses connect to at both ends, I have no confidence in who ever doped this engine in and the last thing I need is to blow the motor because of a oil hose hooked up wrong!

3. I have two parts not installed that i need to figure out where they go. The first is a bearing inside of a flat plate, it goes on the drive shaft but I dont know where. The second is a flat rectangular plate with a tube angled out of it. possibly a hose connection, I have no idea where this goes! If you have no idea what one or both of these parts are I can post pics.

Thanks for all your info! I know I am asking lots of questions, I really appreciate what yall are doin!

+1

parts diagrams

go to riva racing and look up the driveline diagrams for your ski. One bit is the rear bearing support, you'll have to lift the engine off the mount to wrangle that bit and the driveshaft in place. You'll need some "right stuff" permatex ( or something like it) to seal the plate in place. Not quite sure about the other bit, but you should be able to spot it ont he driveline diagram.

as far as the oil lines go, you'll need a manual I believe if it's a five line system with counterbalance. Not quite sure if the 1100 has those, I know on an ultra 150 the lines have specific places to go.

I say knock off for tonight, regroup and hit it again tomorrow after coming up with a manual, or at least having a good look at what you need to do to get the driveline together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information