Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bilge pump problem

i just buy new bilge pump , i want install my seadoo rxt-x , after install finsih the pump have 3 wire , my problem is 3 wire install where ????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas loh View Post
    i just buy new bilge pump , i want install my seadoo rxt-x , after install finsih the pump have 3 wire , my problem is 3 wire install where ????
    NOt sure what kind of pump, but you should have hot, ground, and aux switch wire.

one is ground wire , poitive wire and one wire conection to mpem box any guy have pic?????

It would help alot if you mentioned what type/brand and PN# you have. I've never known of one that tells you to connect to MPEM unless you want feed off one of the purple wires there. so that when you connect the Key to the Dess post it comes on. Does it have instructions ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas loh View Post

Here's the link to "How to install Bilge Pump, Groco strainer, 4" kanaflex"
    see post # 22 for version 3 of the document. All the details are there!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=79658&page=3

Probably set up like this:

Black wire - Negative lead to battery

Brown / White stripe - Manual On (3 way switch)

Brown - Auto ON (3 way switch)

+1
    If you only have the bilge pump, then you need to buy a switch too ... get one that matches your pump. If your pump is only full on/full off, you need a 2 position switch ... if your pump is on/off/auto, then you need a 3 position switch.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    That pump can be run without a switch if desired. Hook up the ground and auto wire (with fuse on auto) directly to the battery, and just tape up the manual wire. If the pump works properly in auto mode... their really is no need for manual operation. No switch, less components... less things to worry about and fail... just my 02

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    That pump can be run without a switch if desired. Hook up the ground and auto wire (with fuse on auto) directly to the battery, and just tape up the manual wire. If the pump works properly in auto mode... their really is no need for manual operation. No switch, less components... less things to worry about and fail... just my 02
    I respectfully disagree!

You want to be able to turn it on manually to make sure it works, before you ride! I have also found that it's a great feature to drain the hull after you wash down the inside. You also want to be able to turn it OFF, just in case some crap gets stuck in it and it wont turn off in Auto.

I want to know it works before every ride and I don't want to have to put on the key to power it up. It should be hard wired to the battery, NOT through the MPEM!

Installing a 3 way switch per the pump manufacture is a NO-Brainer - it's too easy!!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I respectfully disagree!

You want to be able to turn it on manually to make sure it works, before you ride! I have also found that it's a great feature to drain the hull after you wash down the inside. You also want to be able to turn it OFF, just in case some crap gets stuck in it and it wont turn off in Auto.

I want to know it works before every ride and I don't want to have to put on the key to power it up. It should be hard wired to the battery, NOT through the MPEM!

Installing a 3 way switch per the pump manufacture is a NO-Brainer - it's too easy!!
    To each his own... so to speak. I'm just throwing options out there... as you do not have to run a switch with an automatic pump! Switches will, and do fail in marine conditions (there are plenty of other threads on this same topic), and IMO just complicates the system with more things that will sooner or later fail. I have seen many ski's take on water and go down over the years due to corroded switches, or the operator just simply forgetting to turn the switch on I also agree with you... never run the pump off an MPEM signal, go right to the battery! With good quality pumps... you should not have to check them before every ride to make sure that their going to work. I test mine monthly by simply putting water in the hull with the drain plugs in until they turn on, then remove the plugs to let the rest drain out. As far as turning it off if something gets stuck in there... have you ever had that issue??? I haven't as mine have screens to keep crap out... but I would simply just pull the fuse for that pump if that ever happened. For my piece of mind... I just run good quality twin pumps, wired straight to the battery independently fused... and have never had an issue. There are multiple ways to wire & run these pumps. If I were to run a switch, it would only be for manual operation, as I would still run the auto wire directly to the battery (how most boats are factory wired)... it just all boils down to personal preference

I wired mine with a on-off-auto switch.

If my carbon seal fails or bearing carrier pops off- there won't be time to wait for an auto feature to kick in.....

It's just habit for me to check the pumps before I ride and then put them in the auto position... If I need instant panic mode I just hold the switch to ON....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information