Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mod advice

mod advice

hi guys new to the site and have a couple questions. i have a 2008 (green) 250x and im looking to throw some mods on. id like to just stick with bolt on stuff w/o getting into motor so i was looking at riva ride plate, riva intake grate, 1 degree pump wedge, riva sponson kit. i was considering sending the riva plate off to jims plates to have it cut or whatever magic he does to them? do you guys think that is a good idea or no? also is riva the way to go instead of r&d on the ride plates and intake grates? also should i get the pump shoe kit and the anti-cavitation cone? do they help that much? also are there any other mods you guys can think of that might help me get a couple more mph that i am missing? any help would greatly be appreciated thanks fellas!!!

do the Riva Plate if your riding in nice water (calm) with the Jim's performance Mod.
    Block the BOV on the rear of the IC.
    install pump shoe kit
    DO NOT REMOVE STOCK GRATE, IT WORKS FINE
    do the 6* Timming Mod and use super Unleaded
    This should get you started
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80184

Question 2008 250x mods please help!!

ok i guess i forgot to mention a few things? i live on the east coast maryland to be exact and my ski will NEVER see a lake, im in open water all up and down the chesapeake bay where it is always a 1ft chop min so with that being said what should i bolt on and what co as well.
    ride plate= riva or r&d or riva w jim mod or r&d w jim mod?
    intake grate= riva or R&D?
    prop?
    pump wedge?
    pump shoe kit?
    anti cavitation cone?

if there is anything else w/ out getting into motor that you guys could recomend please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for your location and riding styledo the R&d grate and use the stock ride plate, do all the other mods like blocking the BOV
    do the 6* Timming Mod and use super Unleaded
    This should get you started
    <A href="http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80184" target=_blank>http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80184
    pump shoe kit
    you can send your prop off to Impros, but I would wait to see if you get the speed bug and start adding major mods like pulley kit and injectors.

Greetings from a fellow Marylander!

Welcome to the forum!

I also own a 250X and live in Maryland - I am right off of the South River. I usually ride between the South River and either the Severn River (Annapolis), the Road River (farther south), or all the way to Baltimore so I am always in the bay.

Anyway, here's what I have heard:

Rideplate:
    The offshore racers seem to either go stock or R&D. R&D will give you more speed and helps bring the bow up but the stock seems to have the edge for stability in very rough conditions.

Intake grate:
    The R&D grate will definitely help keep you hooked up. It will slow you down on flat water but you should see gains in the rough due to the increased hookup.

Sponsors (you didn't ask but I though I would mention anyway):
    I hear the R&D sponsors work well with the plate and grate but I'm not sure how big of a difference you will see.

Prop:
    Stock is just fine unless you are thinking of getting the pully kit.

Pump wedge:
    The 1* will bring your bow up should increase your top speed by .5mph or so on flat water. This may cause you to porpoise in the rough however which will decrease your average speed there.

Pump Seal:
    People seem to like it.

Anti-Cavitation Cone:
    I have heard it is a waste of money.

Other:
    Hydroturf "lifter wedges" if you do a lot of wave jumping or racing in heavy chop. Will help you stay planted on ski.

R&D Deep Fuel Pickup if you find yourself running out of fuel.

Other sites to visit:

www.teammotoracing.com

www.250xtech.com

www.pwcoffshore.com

PS: This thread is currently active and would be a good place to look for offshore setups. The Chesapeake is practically offshore conditions at times so the information should be applicable: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96625

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Any aftermarket intake grate will slow you down, they will help in very rough water and help you maintain a higher average speed in very rough water, but will slow you down in top speed in most other conditons, if you understand what I am saying, Sponsons wont do much for you unless you are craving bouys alot, Modding the stock ride plate seems to me to give the best all around performance with the 2* wedge, 6* timing advance is a must, theres a lot of little things you can do also, check the gullet for excessive silicone, also check the stock ride plate for the same thing, clean the casting flaws off the stock intake grate........do a lil reading and theres all kinds of good tips out there.............

And Welcome to the Forum............

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Modding the stock ride plate seems to me to give the best all around performance with the 2* wedge
    I have not heard of anyone running the 2* in rough conditions - seems like it would make the ski porpoise too much. What was your experience with this setup?

response to md rider

i ride mostly northern chesapeake around millers island, seneca, middle river and also go across the bay to farlee creek? also do you know of any mod shops around us?

Quote Originally Posted by viper07 View Post
    i ride mostly northern chesapeake around millers island, seneca, middle river and also go across the bay to farlee creek? also do you know of any mod shops around us?
    It sounds like you are a bit out of my riding range. The farthest I have ridden is to the Baltimore harbor. I actually don't know of any mod shops in the area. Let me know if you find one. I had planned on doing the mods myself but it wouldn't hurt to have someplace to go if I screw something up .

ive been to the harbor several times im only 5 more mins north? it would be cool to hook up and mess w the sho's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information