So pissed.......

I'll keep it as brief as possible.

Back in July my ski was rear ended while on it's trailer. Guy's insurance covered the damages: $1800. My local shop took it in for three hull crack repairs (pretty minor). Got it back after waiting three weeks, but only one of the three cracks was fixed. I made an appointment to bring it back in so I didn't have to wait three more weeks to get the other cracks fixed.

The original repair broke after one weekend out. I called and they said to bring it on the appointment day (3 weeks ago). I got a call that it was ready to go today. I got there and there was a 14" crack under the gunwhale deck. Shop manger says unacceptable and to leave it with him. OK, cool.

I also noticed that when they repaired the bottom of the hull, they painted over rough areas of my hull. I am kinda pissed that they wouldn't fill the holes in the area where they were spraying. It really looks bad.

I am tempted to go meet with the guy at the fiberglass repair place to see what's up, but don't want to step on the Yamaha service manager's toes.

I can't believe 6 weeks at the glass repair place and the job is still not right, nor does the repair look good.

Tuesday, the service manager will call me and I think I may request that we both go over tothe glass shop and speak to the manager to get this done right.

Opinions?

There is no VooDoo like BadVooDoo NeVerMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk

Opinions?
    Get it done the way you want it done... It's your Ski. If you have to break bad on them over and over, they will do it right just to get you out of their hair.

On the flip side if they do it right and you don't have to bitch, praise them.

I bought the guy who build my ski a case of beer.

Quote Originally Posted by NeVerMind
    Get it done the way you want it done... It's your Ski. If you have to break bad on them over and over, they will do it right just to get you out of their hair.

On the flip side if they do it right and you don't have to bitch, praise them.

I bought the guy who build my ski a case of beer.
    I've been ver civil. I've even stated that it wasn't the service manager's fault becuase the work is being done at a boat repair shop, not the dealer's shop.

I'll call tomorrow and try to meet with both shop supervisors.

Thread Information