what impeller and grate should i go with???

i have a 09 fzr with thru hull exhaust and manifold upgrade now i want a grate and impeller..im not going to be doing anything else but these upgrades and dont know what make or pitch for the impeller and whos had the best luck with which grate

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boostedb18 View Post
    i have a 09 fzr with thru hull exhaust and manifold upgrade now i want a grate and impeller..im not going to be doing anything else but these upgrades and dont know what make or pitch for the impeller and whos had the best luck with which grate

thanks
    I have the R&D intake grate and it performs pretty well. Hookup is improved and it holds the boat down in the turns giving it a better pivot point. It may scrub a little speed but less than 1 mph. Right now I would try one of the Riva stainless grates if I were you. Not sure on the performance, it may be faster but for certain it will last forever and is a good value.

As far as props go it depends on your goals. With your level of mods the dynafly will work well if you pitch up the leading edge a couple degrees. Are you looking to maximize launch or top speed? The skat will hook up and accelerate better but will give up about 1 mph up top.

If you can wait I would get the Riva stainless grate. It is not due to ship until the first of June though last I heard. TBM makes an adjustable grate. I do not have any experience with it so I can not tell you how it performs.

As far as impeller I would think whatever RIVA is giving on there Stage 1 kit would work for you.

i am very much interested in the stainless riva grate and can wait but impeller wise..i do more wave jumping than anything else but i dont want to loose my mile per hour...pretty much i want to drift away from stock but mantain my current top speed....i seen a few people had a dyna fly 13/25...think thats to much for me?

+1
    I wouldn't wait if you plan on riding. Pump overstuff is not good and can happen tossing you off the ski. I wouldn't ride without it. Just get the Riva or R&D now and play it safe.

ive got about 25 hours on my fz and havn't even came close to the bucking like some people have had..i just want a grate for cavitation reasons

Quote Originally Posted by boostedb18 View Post
    i am very much interested in the stainless riva grate and can wait but impeller wise..i do more wave jumping than anything else but i dont want to loose my mile per hour...pretty much i want to drift away from stock but mantain my current top speed....i seen a few people had a dyna fly 13/25...think thats to much for me?
    With your setup a 13/25 would be way to tall for your boat. It would drop your rpms and speed noticeably. There is one more mod you should add at this point though, it's huge bang for the buck, either a Riva air intake or the JD1 unit will surprise you on the gains, and then you could pull a 22 Dynafly close to the limiter.

To clarify my previous post, I meant that the intake grate may cost you a little speed but at a great benefit to acceleration, handling, and safety. Since you do a lot of wave jumping I would recommend the skat prop. You will still gain performance at all speeds and probably gain speed up top, just a little less than you would with a dynafly(up top).
    Last edited by HighVelocity; 04-22-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: wrong word

thanks for the help guys im going to do some ordering today

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122834

Just some food for thought. This was done on a completely stock ski like yours. This guy won't be riding for a while. I say that it is better safe than sorry. It only takes one overstuff to do some serious damage to yourself.

Thread Information