Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help With sc Clutch

Hey Guys Help! I Lost Clutch On Super Charger ( gtx-sc 2003) Got The 3 Mounting Bolts Out Now How Does The Darn Thing Come Out?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you've removed / pushed the waterbox back all the way out of the way?

just slowly shimmy the SC housing back and forth... it'll twist... constant back and forth twisting and hard pressure pulling it out... it will come

it you are not able to rotate the housing at all, then u dind't remove the correct bolts...

Im also removing my sc to put the metal washers in i got from jerry today ive run into a snag though i cant get the j pipe off the manifold its got one weird ass looking clamp on there theres red locktite all over the screw and i beleiove the screw shoudl come out of the clamp but i cant get it out its stuck and ive even hit it a couple times with a hammer and piece of wood . if someone could give some advice or post some pictures that woudl be great but if u got the 3 mounting screws off u have to take the intakes off the sc and remove the exhaust j pipe from he manifold then u take off the waterbox strap the holds it to the hull and slide it backwards out of the way then the supercharger shoudl have room to slide out this is what it says fromt he directions i got i have all of it done but i cant get the j pipe off someone help !!!!!!!!

No It Twists Back And Forth But Just Doesnt Want To Move Out & No I Have Not Moved The Water Box Back Yet I Figured I Would Have To Though Are They That Tight

yeah i can twist mine back and forth to, the j pipe moves but it wont come off.

It Twists But Does Not Want To Move Out. Used Pry Bar But Dont Want To Break. Any Ideas

you should be able to get it out without removing j-pipe. just push the water box out of your way.

Got Out The Clutch Now Does Any Body Know If The Drive Gear Supposed To Have Slight Groove In It On The Side Of The Lock Washer Or Has The Lock Washer Wore That Goove( Does The Drive Gear Need Replaceing)? What Parts Do I Replace Lock Washer And Spring Washers? And What Do I Torque Them Down To When I Get Everything? And While Im At This Would It Be Worth My While To PutIn B.O.V And The Better Impeller

2003 gtx-sc
    Intake Grate
    o.p.a.s Block Offs
    16/21-1/2 Skat Impeller
    Riva Air Intake
    Reverse Gate Mod
    2.5 Wedge
    65mph gps @ 7560rpm

you need to get the SC rebuild kit they don't sell parts for the older superchargers anymore . you want new bearings in there anyway some people are replacing them at 100 hrs. I would get the metal washers too . I consider bearings and clutch washers wear items and i am going to start replacing them in the off season every year . Here are a couple links that should help you out .

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=340

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=390

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2238

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP
    Im also removing my sc to put the metal washers in i got from jerry today ive run into a snag though i cant get the j pipe off the manifold its got one weird ass looking clamp on there theres red locktite all over the screw and i beleiove the screw shoudl come out of the clamp but i cant get it out its stuck and ive even hit it a couple times with a hammer and piece of wood . if someone could give some advice or post some pictures that woudl be great but if u got the 3 mounting screws off u have to take the intakes off the sc and remove the exhaust j pipe from he manifold then u take off the waterbox strap the holds it to the hull and slide it backwards out of the way then the supercharger shoudl have room to slide out this is what it says fromt he directions i got i have all of it done but i cant get the j pipe off someone help !!!!!!!!
    RedDevil are you talking about the V-band T-bold clamp that holds the J-pipe to the manifold? Don't take the nut all the way off, just to the end of the threads. Make sure your J-pipe is lined up with the manifold still, you may have to try to pull the ends of the band together as if you were tightening it. The object is to get the T shaped end of the bolt out from under the rolled end of the band. Sometimes getting it halfway out and twisting it will help pop it out also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information