Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

New RXT iS 260 in Orlando

After years of boating, I've returned to the pwc world. I grew up riding and racing an old Kawi 550 back in the 80's. I test rode the 260 at Lk. Underhill last week and the future ex-wife was sold on the suspension system as was I. So I celebrated Earthday the only way I knew how...buy a recreational vessel. I got it with the I-catch trailer and man is that thing is easy! I have some time off in the coming weeks and will be out on some of the smaller puddles around here breaking it in. Eventually, I will return to offshore riding as I used to have a lot of fun beating the crap out of myself in my old Fountain powerboat. So I'll be looking to hook up with locals for either offshore stuff and rides that Marsha (the GF) can ride with me. The ski was expensive, but I got a 5 year note at 6.9% and a 5 year warranty. So I pulled the trigger. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Look forward to riding with some of you soon.

Gregg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0422001223.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	888.9 KB 
ID:	184508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0422001541.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	396.7 KB 
ID:	184509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0422001553.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	550.9 KB 
ID:	184510  

Congrats on the new toy!!! let us know how you like the trailer..

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats man... nice ride

Is it just me... or does that trailer just look way to short for these new big 3 seaters Look at how far the ski is from the back of that trailer

+1
    Congra!

Please make sure you have those back straps on all the time in that trailer. One member loss a brand new 260 and was very lucky that the dealer took care of business. Now go and have fun and ride safe!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Congra!

Please make sure you have those back straps on all the time in that trailer. One member loss a brand new 260 and was very lucky that the dealer took care of business. Now go and have fun and ride safe!
    I read about that and I have never towed anything without straps! I am going to Moss Park tomorrow to put some more time on the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    So I celebrated Earthday the only way I knew how...buy a recreational vessel.
    LOL!!!
    that's funny since many in the Earth Day crowd hate these things. Congrats on your purchase, who is your 5 year warranty through?

+1
    congrats!!!

beware:
    there's another thread on hear about a guys ski being dragged down the road because his "I" trailer didn't hook up correctly.

I rode an I ski in tampa last wknd(gtx is),and was mostly impressed by the hull....(as oppessed to the tub i currently own)

my only concern is ALOT of electronic shit that could screw up...time will tell....good luck man!!

+1
    Hi

I love this pwc and trailer. I might get a Seadoo soon, but those trailers would not be legal for use in my home country of Australia with that much of the pwc over hanging.

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybat View Post
    congrats!!!

beware:
    there's another thread on hear about a guys ski being dragged down the road because his "I" trailer didn't hook up correctly.

I rode an I ski in tampa last wknd(gtx is),and was mostly impressed by the hull....(as oppessed to the tub i currently own)

my only concern is ALOT of electronic shit that could screw up...time will tell....good luck man!!
    I used the straps and it's a good thing because it did come unhinged. It seems early on that steeper ramps can cause problems with the nose getting fully tucked into and under the pad, so it's possible to bounce out going down the road.

But you're also right about all the features as the ski has not run right from the start. It seems to be overheating and going into Limp mode after 20 minutes. At first I thought it was the computer just limiting because of the lack of hours on it, but soon it had trouble planing out. I can't see or find an engine temp on the display.

Also, I'm getting a P1658 code too. (I read up on that here too) I'm to the point that if the dealer can't fully fix it tomorrow, I will take one of the other 260's off the lot.

I forget who the 5 year plan is through, but it was part of the demo days incentives.

For the little time I had on it, I really like the suspension system.

+1

P1658 Fault Code

Finally got my RXT-x260 in the water. It wouldn't start(started fine out of the water). I long beep instead of two short beeps and P1658 fault. Took it back to the dealer. They put the BUDS on it and said it would be OK. Again started fine out of the water. As soon as I launched it; same problem. 1 long beep and no start; P1658. The dealer, Coleman Power Sports, doesn't seen to know what they're doing. They're not sure if they have the latest software. It's back to the dealer again. Since they're closed Sunday there goes my weekend and we don't get many good weekends in northern Virginia.
    I was worried I wouldn't be able to get up on the I-catch trailer with no power. Sank the trailer a little more and was able to pull it up without too much trouble. The trainer seemed to release and re-latch OK although I'm still worried that the hook only engages about 1/2". Besides the rear straps I have a steel cable through the ski bow catch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information