Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Skat Trac Drive Shaft Seal-Greenhulk-On Line store

Ok,I've read all the threads and I bought the skat trac seal over a year ago. Since then I have had nothing, but nightmares................ wondering................am I ok? should I pull it? should I go back to carbon seal?

Pulled it last night, and I was put totally at ease, not a hint of wear with over 40 hours at least!I grease after ever ride. NO PROBLEMSNO WEAR on shaft, no rust , no worn out bearings.

THANKS Hulk for selling quality chit in your on line store. All was fine...........no wear on shaft, no rust on bearings, no problems with seals. If I see any leakage then I will Plan on a rebuild....I call it preventative maintenance.....if you do not do it, you will have an unplanned breakdown or in this case a sunken ski.

I'll check it every year and replace accordingly, I just don't see it sinking? Now I can not speak for RAD4 seal. HAVE at it guys, there has to be a problem there.................but I can only speak of my experiences

+1

Re: Skat Trac Drive Shaft Seal-Greenhulk-On Line store

Your a lucky one lol

+1
    Darn it Pirates you should dah had jammer lick the inside of your Skat seal. It would have leaked like a seive, but think of the money you would have saved.

Sound familiar?

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Darn it Pirates you should dah had jammer lick the inside of your Skat seal. It would have leaked like a seive, but think of the money you would have saved.

Sound familiar?
    Jammer LUBE!!Slicker that slick 50!

+1

grease

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Ok,I've read all the threads and I bought the skat trac seal over a year ago. Since then I have had nothing, but nightmares................ wondering................am I ok? should I pull it? should I go back to carbon seal?

Pulled it last night, and I was put totally at ease, not a hint of wear with over 40 hours at least!I grease after ever ride. NO PROBLEMSNO WEAR on shaft, no rust , no worn out bearings.

THANKS Hulk for selling quality chit in your on line store. All was fine...........no wear on shaft, no rust on bearings, no problems with seals. If I see any leakage then I will Plan on a rebuild....I call it preventative maintenance.....if you do not do it, you will have an unplanned breakdown or in this case a sunken ski.

I'll check it every year and replace accordingly, I just don't see it sinking? Now I can not speak for RAD4 seal. HAVE at it guys, there has to be a problem there.................but I can only speak of my experiences

You hit the nail on the head mate ......grease it after every ride and no problems. The Rad 4 seals run bullet proof if they are machined correct and greased as you did to yours. It is nice to hear you are having a good run.

I never had a problem with the 2 SKAT seals I ran either. I greased a ton after every ride.

Debating on whether or not to put one back on my PX or not.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    I never had a problem with the 2 SKAT seals I ran either. I greased a ton after every ride.

Debating on whether or not to put one back on my PX or not.
    I think you really have to be careful with installation. I can not say I have done every install or mechanical work with 100% perfect results.

Wait they call it being 'human'.

Thread Information