Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17

    Tips for an Uh-oh moment

    So i just got done removing my buddies stock fuel pump/regulator. I must have been lucky on my ski because I didn't even pay attention to the rubber caps on the bottom and didnt have this problem. but when I pulled his regulator one of the three rubber caps fell off during removal and went in the fuel tank. Anyone have any tips or ideas for retrieving it? Funny that when I did mine I was very impatient and not careful or gentle at all and had no problems. This one I use extra care and take my time and this happens.


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    So i just got done removing my buddies stock fuel pump/regulator. I must have been lucky on my ski because I didn't even pay attention to the rubber caps on the bottom and didnt have this problem. but when I pulled his regulator one of the three rubber caps fell off during removal and went in the fuel tank. Anyone have any tips or ideas for retrieving it? Funny that when I did mine I was very impatient and not careful or gentle at all and had no problems. This one I use extra care and take my time and this happens.

    I used one of those little fish net things like you use in an aquarium
    One of those little adjustable mirrors helps as well.

  3. #3
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I used one of those little fish net things like you use in an aquarium
    One of those little adjustable mirrors helps as well.
    I am very close to leaving this f***ng thing in the tank. i can understand why yamaha would put caps like that on the bottom of the pump. The fish net is getting us nowhere. Everytime I check with the mirror it is in the same damn place.

  4. #4
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,799
    +1
    449
    pump is out?
    big hole in the top of the tank?
    you allergic to gasoline?

  5. #5
    L Carlson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,118
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    pump is out?
    big hole in the top of the tank?
    you allergic to gasoline?

  6. #6
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I am very close to leaving this f***ng thing in the tank. i can understand why yamaha would put caps like that on the bottom of the pump. The fish net is getting us nowhere. Everytime I check with the mirror it is in the same damn place.

    Frustrating isn't it!
    I still have one in my tank. Since the motor is out I may just pull the damn tank to get it.

  7. #7
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    pump is out?
    big hole in the top of the tank?
    you allergic to gasoline?

    No but cursed with short arms


    We finally got it with the handy green fish net courtesy of SHObiz. I rattled that damn fish net for an hour until I finally came up with it. It's all buttoned up and he is down the road. Favors are a pain in the ass.

  8. #8
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,799
    +1
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    No but cursed with short arms
    ahh...

    figured it was something like that

    I am 6'3" and have gorilla arms, along with the calluses on my knuckles where they drag the ground

  9. #9
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    ahh...

    figured it was something like that

    I am 6'3" and have gorilla arms, along with the calluses on my knuckles where they drag the ground
    Look like a damn Orangatan and shit! ohhhhhhhhhhh WFO can change a prop, sitting in his living room, links all stretched out to the shop.

  10. #10
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    You can also use one of those plunger wires with the claw that comes out at the end. That is only if you just got your nails done. its ok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. tips for begging
    By rxp546 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
  2. Any SC reinstall tips for an 04 RXP?
    By robby212 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. Perfect torque wrench for measuring clutch slip moment
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 09:29 AM
  4. I am looking for an 05 RXP/RXT shop/service manual
    By mxl16 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 06:40 AM
  5. Tip for taking video
    By Jeff C in forum Videos & Pictures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •