Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

260 Ultra Mini-van of Watercrafts

I joked when I bought my '09 Ultra 260LX that it was for my wife. Well, I'm not laughing anymore. You Can't ride it hard without upgrading and fixing so many factory defeciencies, or you'll blow it up!! I had hoped to race it in offshore events, but that will void my warrantee, even if it's still stock!! I can't afford to replace a blowned engine, should I modify it to go faster. So I hope my wife appreciates her 260hp "Ultra min-van" of jetskis.

Quote Originally Posted by SKISURFONE View Post
    I joked when I bought my '09 Ultra 260LX that it was for my wife. Well, I'm not laughing anymore. You Can't ride it hard without upgrading and fixing so many factory defeciencies, or you'll blow it up!! I had hoped to race it in offshore events, but that will void my warrantee, even if it's still stock!! I can't afford to replace a blowned engine, should I modify it to go faster. So I hope my wife appreciates her 260hp "Ultra min-van" of jetskis.
    From what I have read in other threads both SeaDoos and Yamahas have problems as well. I suspect that most warranties will not cover racing although I do not know for a fact. I am sorry to hear that you do not like your ski - however I think there are many who would and I think your wife will be happy with it if you get the issues resolved. My experience with my 250X has been only positive so maybe you were just unlucky and got a bad ski (or maybe I lucked out)?

Good luck, hopefully the ski will grow on you.
    Last edited by NaptownKawi; 04-24-2010 at 12:15 PM.

+1
    Plenty of stock skis with just lifter wedges have won races and lived to tell the tale.

Every brand has there issues and most to make them sea tough you have to spend a few bucks, Without going crazy you can make that ski sea tough and super reliable. Just my two cents

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    as far as what you should do to keep it running, 2010 pump shaft with the nut mod, new spark plugs, check all the hose clamps, and whatever the head fix is, maybe a restricted waterline. And you will
    have a ski thats good forever...

sean

+1
    Thanks for the tips. I've already had the pump upgraded. The leak in the exhaust has been fixed. Now the cooling lines are getting upgraded, due to a leak there as well. I'm awaiting word from the dealer on the low rpm issue. If the head isn't cracked already, I'll have to figure out the best way to avoid that from happening.
    As for the Sea Doo SC; my '04 rxp ran 4 consecutive Mark Hahn 300 races on the same ceramic washers. It wasn't until over 200 race hrs that I finally changed to '08 clutch. Sure, everything takes work. I just thought Kawasaki would have all the bugs worked out of their flagship model by now. Just a little disappointed.

+1
    you got a friday ski.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    Is this a serious post or are you just trolling?

Do you know what not being able to ride hard because of "factory deficiencies" is - ceramic bearings. You should be familiar on your '04 RXP. Oh and what bout SeaDoo SCs? My 250X has 130hrs on it, it has never had a single problem, and it runs like new. If I owned a SeaDoo I would have already had to pay to have the SC rebuilt. Sure the Kawasaki's have issues too but that's my point - all brands have issues.

As far as voiding the warranty, I admit I have not looked into but I suspect that the rules are similar to those of other manufacturers.

Now about the minivan thing, I see it as being more of a Jeep Wrangler. Sure it's not as fast as some sports cars, and it doesn't turn on a dime but it sure handles the rough conditions better than any other ski I have seen.

I'll tell you what, sell it to one of us and everyone will be happy (except maybe your wife who would lose out out on the opportunity to own a great ski).

If you are just here to whine find someplace else to do it.
    I too read other sections for curiosity, and your comment comes off as pretty brash.

Quote Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
    I too read other sections for curiosity, and your comment comes off as pretty brash.
    I admit that I overreacted. That being said, the OP's first post appeared to be flame bait to me - however it was my mistake to respond like I did.

Below is what I have changed my post to be (which reflects my current feelings):

From what I have read in other threads both SeaDoos and Yamahas have problems as well. I suspect that most warranties will not cover racing although I do not know for a fact. I am sorry to hear that you do not like your ski - however I think there are many who would and I think your wife will be happy with it if you get the issues resolved. My experience with my 250X has been only positive so maybe you were just unlucky and got a bad ski (or maybe I lucked out)?

Good luck, hopefully the ski will grow on you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SKISURFONE View Post
    Your gonna have little nit-noid problems here and there. Hell the ski is man made, Its the ones you never have a so called problem with that will bite you in the azz everytime. I haven't seen anything yet that didn't require some preventive maintanance from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information