Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T.O.P.S disable

T.O.P.S disable

That TOPS sensor is starting to be a pain in the ass. Even when Im racing and hit a wave and I get air born just a little bit my ski boggs down. Its taking the fun out of riding. Does someone have a pic of where is located? Has anyone disable thiers by connecting the wires together to bypass the tops sensor?

When looking at the fuse panel, there is a single 10AMP fuse designated TOPS. I wonder if yanking that fuse would totally disable it??? Just have to make sure it really doesn't control anything else.

WHYYYYYYY WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY WHYYYYYYYYYYY why in gods name would u disable one of the best features we have on our ski ... that is so ridiculous ... TOPS is there for a reason when your ski is vertical or upside down it is not getting proper lubdrication hence the tops kicks on i ll bet you it has saved your engine from damage atleast once already it is the best feature on our skis and to remove it is ludacris

+1
    The Rotax Racing ECU must disable this feature as I have no more issues with it. No harm has become of my ski from disabling this.

If you ever get upside down your lanyard pulling off the post will kill the engine. No worries!!!

Dammit crazed! I already told you twice aready. This will be the third time. Lets make this short.... if that was the main reason then seadoo has some major flaws in the engine design to protect it. Your engine wont lose lube protection going verticle for a short time and I plan not to stay on the ski if I ever flip it up side down. I can tell you dont understand that much of the splash lube method of four strokes.
    Tell me why dont your car engine dont blow up driving verticle up a very steep hill for a long time? Car engines dont have a TOPS sensor to lose power to protect it. I would think you will need the extra power to climb a mountain.

It is more of a saftey device for idiot riders so they dont lose control, flip the ski over and get hurt. I bet it saved you several times.

no offense but i cant tell u are actually clueless on y they installed the TOPS ... it has nothing at all to do with ur "saftey issue" do a lil research kid and u will look less like the TOPS system was designed to help starving cylinders when wanan be evil kanevils like yourself have the ski vertical NO OTHER REASON .. ask someone that knows .... but hey i could care less if u disable it your nxt post will prob be asking us how to disable the s/c

TAKING DIRECTLY FROM SEADOO ... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

TOPSTM (Tip Over Protection System) Rotax 4-TEC marine engine is protected from oil dispersion with-in the engine through a electronically controlled valve system, if a watercraft is accidentally tipped over. This ensures easy starting and proper operation when righted.

THE ONLY THREAD U NEED NEXT IS HOW TO TAKE FOOT OUTTA MOUTH U AND PISTONWASH MUST BE RELATED

The key phrase is.....accidentally tipped over that is up side down not verticle. That is what the key (lanyard) is for. Any idiot would stay sitting under the ski upside down in the water when tipped over.
    The problem is the switch is too sensitive. The switch should only work when the ski gets flipped over but it doesnt. It takes the fun out of jumping if you know what I mean. I have been riding for seven years and never flipped a ski over. I really dont need that child proof saftey device. Its like getting as bad as all these new laws and people think they live in a free country. Like the seat belt law, dont make people wear they if they dont want to- its called population control . If my luck runs out and destroys the engine. Oh well, throw it in the gutter and go buy another.

It is more of a saftey device for idiot riders so they dont lose control, flip the ski over and get hurt. I bet it saved you several times.
    Like I said before

Crazed, I dont have a problem with you but your sounding like a broken record. I heard your opinion the very first time on this matter and I dont need to hear it three more times. The TOPS might be the best thing in the world for you and also you might need a bikecycle helmet also when you ride. Its up to yourself to feel safe to ride.

I will do some research tomorrow but I thought that the TOPS (Tip Over Protection System) as per BRP is there to stop the oil from coming out of the motor when craft is TIPPED OVER, I have to agree with Crazed but if you have a lot of money and can disconnect parts that BRP spent $$$$ to design to protect this platform let us know what works and what dont, some of us do not have that luxury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information