Thread: Exhaust joint

Exhaust joint

Does anybody know the cause for the outer exhaust joint to blow? Is it something to do with heat, water pressure or just plain old quality workmanship?

+1
    If you are talking about the black boot in between the front and rear exhaust parts, yes. It is common. They get very elastic over time due to heat and the expansion and contraction from the water pressure (est. 35 psi)....it will get very soft over time and blow off.

also, if the mating surface on the pipe is not clean and free of residue; grease; oil, ect...it will slip right out of the hose clamps.

I had the SAME EXACT problem 2 years ago. I fought trying to clean and clean dn clean it well, then eventually, I just I purchased a brand new boot and cleaned the surface well with Acetone prior to installation. You can use alochol too.

It has never came off yet. I actually took a ride with my seat off and watched that old joint/boot expand and swell up like a ballon when I got on the throttle.

When I laid the old boot on the work bench, it would callapse almost flat. It was soft and very pliable.

The new one is stiff and much more rigid.

Get a new one. they are about 25-30 bux on RIVA or boats.net.

they are good for about 3 years roughly.....they see alot of water pressure.

Billy, mine has 21 hours on it and it blew a hole in it. I was down on rpms, but i had did a change and thought it had affected my rpms, but when I took the seat off I saw that water was blowing out of it.
    SO IN UTTER WORDS,"THE DUCKBILLS THAT FERCHO RECOMMENDS THAT YOU PUT ON YOUR SKI, DOES SAVE YOUR AS S SOMETIMES."

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Edwin. Your rpm's could of gone down when the hose went it will leak water right on top of your race filter and suck it into your motor. You might want to pull the spark plugs out and inspect for water and to be on the safe side you might want to fog your engine.

Jim, I pulled the plugs right away and turned it with the plugs off and nothing came out, so I poured a lil oil in each cylinder but didn't crank it up again.

Thread Information