Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help please

Help please

if you havnt read my other thread i thought i did my pop-off wrong so i re-did it and my ski (1995 slt 750) still doesnt run well...any suggestions would be helpfull and thanks to all who suggested for me to change the fuse for the tach....now it works !!...i have them set at about 12psi each....supposed to be at 10-18 psi each.....i think i set them to low...thats why i cant tune them out and get it to rev all the way....once i can get someone to help me ill see how many rpms im hitting an tell ya'll
    Last edited by ugadawg131; 09-17-2006 at 01:40 PM.

anyone????

+1
    dawg, you should probably list the problem so we can better help you, it's hard to follow all of the posts, so I'm not sure what your question is.

It sounds like your limiting?? If so what RPM's?

ok to start off with i bought it and the diaphrams were shot and i woud bog down and not go past 30....i did a rebuild kit and i have the pop-off set around 12 each.....but im not getting it to go past 4250 rpm's....im not really sure what the problem is now.

also when ill runing it black greese or sludge come out the back...but not that much....and do you know where the greese fitting is on the housing/pump shaft??

can anyone help???

+1
    dawg,

First disconnect the tan wire to the CDI and see if this solves the limiting problem, if so, check the temp sensor but more importantly the tan wire and it's routing for crimps, pinches and shorts. If you find no problems with the overheat temp sensor or wiring be sure to check for restrictions in the cooling system. You can of course disable the wire BUT you risk missing the overheat.
    Verify the tan wires on the terminal board are NOT grounded. If they are you will need to correct the problem. There should be no ground to the tan wires unless you have an overheat condition present.
    If all check s good, replace the CDI and test it all over again.

+1
    I forgot, check the crank index, if it's out, you'll never get good RPM's

whats the crank index??? also how much does a new cdi cost...my model is a 1995 slt 750
    Last edited by ugadawg131; 09-18-2006 at 12:13 PM.

+1
    Crank index is making sure the crankshaft brings a piston to TDC every 120 degrees of rotation, if one journal has been twisted or a rod has been bent you will not achieve correct RPM's.Usual cause is water ingestion into the affected cylinder. I have the index testing procedure in my gallery tech section. If you're not comfortable with it or don't want to purchase the tools you can take it to your neighborhood competent dealer to have the index checked.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information