need help with my fx sho

I took the ski out last night was doing 30mph and the ski shut down messed with the battery and it would crank but not start got a new battery today but still the same anyone everheard of this
    And my speedo is stuck at 30
    Thanks
    Chris

ok here it is took out new battery and put old one back in still nothing checked my fuses main 20amp was blown installed new one it started then blew the fuse installed new battery and fuse and started right up and ran put on the flush hose ran for 10 mins and nothing happen took it down to the water ran for at least 2 hours no problems, now i have never seen a battery blow a fuse like that but can it be or is it something else? We rode the ski in some rough water today so if there was a short it would have done it i think???? and i checked all the battery wires and found nothing does anyone have any tips, can a battery really just be the cause of all this, popping the 20 amp main fuse? really need some input here!!!!!!!

thanks
    chris

+1
    I suppose it's possible that the plates shifted or a plate separator was damaged and caused a short in the battery itself. This sometimes happens if a battery freezes, but could happen from an impact also. Assuming you have absolutely nothing else directly hooked to the battery, that must be the problem since a new battery fixed the issue.
    If you're still curious, take your old battery to one of the big automotive chains and have them test it.

+1
    definatly a strange one
    can you get a volt meter from any where and check the voltage

kev

will check it on monday i have my volt meter at work and i also have a snap on battery tester so i will let you guys know

thanks

ok so i took the battery to work today tested with my meter and tested at 12.44 volts put it on my snap on battery tester and it was at 115 cca but no bad cell but have not had it blow the main fuse yet, so i guess it was the battery. does anyone have any input to this have you ever seen a battery blow a main fuse, now its only 20 amp but maybe something in the battery went bad???? i called riva and they said i might need a wire harness but after at least 2 hours of riding nothing, looking for some input iam really confused

Thread Information