Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: washers?

washers?

ski ran great when i put it up in the fall. winterized it, ran it in the driveway this spring. took it to the lake to sell it and no boost, 6400 rpms, and 55mph.how did the washers go sitting in the garage?????thanks.

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by watereater View Post
    ski ran great when i put it up in the fall. winterized it, ran it in the driveway this spring. took it to the lake to sell it and no boost, 6400 rpms, and 55mph.how did the washers go sitting in the garage?????thanks.
    Were YOU the one who winterize it or did a service shop do it? I know the shop around here who maintains a lot of skis always takes them out on the water and run them WOT as part of the maintenance and checkup that's sold with the winterizing deal.

Also don't be too rushed to assume it's the washers. It certainly sounds like the typical washer failure symptoms but you could be majorly leaking boost too. Have you pulled the intake hose to check the slip?

i winterized it. youre right it could be something else. are washers covered under warranty? didnt pull the hose off to see if the impeller spun freely or not. it sold anyway.

+1
    i winterized it. youre right it could be something else. are washers covered under warranty? didnt pull the hose off to see if the impeller spun freely or not. it sold anyway.
    mine went 10 min after getting on the water this year. last year they were fine. have you changed them out from ceramic to metal. if not id take it back to the dealer ship or call right away. If your ski is still under warranty they will most likely fix all of it.

why do you think it's the washers? like Boom Ba ra Bing....it's the washhers to blame? just asking. what was the process of winterizing, in your book.

+1
    I`d be willing to bet after its run for about 20 mins it`ll be fine.

+1

Unhappy

First fire up after storage all winter is a perfect time for the washers to explode. Remember, over the winter all the oil has drained off the washers and they are very dry when you start up. (entire engine has drained down to the pan)

I always crank the engine without starting it (WOT thing) until I have good oil pressure. Then crank it a few more times to be sure the oil has reached everywhere before i start it.

Don't know if it helps, but i feel better knowing i have pumped oil to the engine before i start it dry.

Then start it up, let it idle for a min or so to be sure the SC is oiled up, then rev it and be sure I have boost. Remember, at idle, the SC clutch is not slipping so no friction. Its the first rev that engages the clutch (actually first release of the throttle)

Sounds like the washers went sadly

it sold. still under warranty. new owner has it at his dealer, to look it over. hoss, are you saying something is like seized in the sc,er and it will free up???? boost gauge was also on 0. hope it works out for the new guy! how do i ge the warranty into his name?

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    First fire up after storage all winter is a perfect time for the washers to explode. Remember, over the winter all the oil has drained off the washers and they are very dry when you start up. (entire engine has drained down to the pan)

I always crank the engine without starting it (WOT thing) until I have good oil pressure. Then crank it a few more times to be sure the oil has reached everywhere before i start it.

Don't know if it helps, but i feel better knowing i have pumped oil to the engine before i start it dry.

Then start it up, let it idle for a min or so to be sure the SC is oiled up, then rev it and be sure I have boost. Remember, at idle, the SC clutch is not slipping so no friction. Its the first rev that engages the clutch (actually first release of the throttle)

Sounds like the washers went sadly
    this sounds logical

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    why do you think it's the washers? like Boom Ba ra Bing....it's the washhers to blame? just asking. what was the process of winterizing, in your book.
    all of the classic symptoms were there,the winterization was as per a pdf i downloaded from the sea doo service manual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information