+1

Anyone running a e1 with no rrfpr?

I know this question has been asked before but we just got back from an evening tuning session. Ran an e1 boat with an r2 flash and powershot with no rrfpr and got 11.0's low to mid and low 12's up top. I know the duty cycle is at 100% with these boost levels but what other fail safe checks can we make with a stock ecu and no data logging? I am assuming none. Just thought I would get some reassurance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I know this question has been asked before but we just got back from an evening tuning session. Ran an e1 boat with an r2 flash and powershot with no rrfpr and got 11.0's low to mid and low 12's up top. I know the duty cycle is at 100% with these boost levels but what other fail safe checks can we make with a stock ecu and no data logging? I am assuming none. Just thought I would get some reassurance.

We also are receiving a check engine light. I will run the codes monday. I am going to bet its intake temp due to the fact that he is running a stock intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    We also are receiving a check engine light. I will run the codes monday. I am going to bet its intake temp due to the fact that he is running a stock intercooler.
    Maybe not. If you're pegging the stock MAP sensor (which you will with an E1 wheel) then the boat is going to throw codes. Get with Duke. I think he just encountered this same problem on a boat he's working on. As far as I know there is a solution to this problem but I'm not exactly the one doing the work to know. I only know what I've heard.

+1
    if it is error 29 it is the MAP sensor

the powershot can be set-up to keep the signal from the map sensor below 5 volts which keeps the ECU happy

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    take the number 4 pod (green and blue) that is set to max and put it to 5 1/2 to 6 and it will cure it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    take the number 4 pod (green and blue) that is set to max and put it to 5 1/2 to 6 and it will cure it.
    +1
    IMO, lowering that first crossover is a good idea if you're not bumping up the fuel pressure with an aftermarket regulator. My A/F at idle was 13-13.5 after the reflash, & it was staying that lean under load until the revs crossed into the green fuel setting. Not sure why they set that crossover so high on the reflashed powershots.

Hey Jim, on a related topic, R&D added that first crossover to my GPR powershot when they reflashed it. I should be able to get out & test it this week to see if it cures the bog when pulling WOT from idle since I can now start adding fuel at idle. Not sure if you were still having this issue with your wife's ski, but I'll let you if it does the trick.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Hey Jim, on a related topic, R&D added that first crossover to my GPR powershot when they reflashed it. I should be able to get out & test it this week to see if it cures the bog when pulling WOT from idle since I can now start adding fuel at idle. Not sure if you were still having this issue with your wife's ski, but I'll let you if it does the trick.
    It will be interesting if it works let me know Mark. On my wife's i just took the GPR fuel pressure regulator out and put a SHO one in and it cured it.

+1
    E blade on stock I/c........ wow. I think heat would play a role in that with spending a couple of hours on the water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    E blade on stock I/c........ wow. I think heat would play a role in that with spending a couple of hours on the water.

That's what we are testing. So far the results have been different then expected. It definately heat soaks but not as bad as I would have expected. Nothing a simple cruise down the lake won't fix. I will be interested to do back to back testing from stock to JD1's intercooler.

Thread Information