06 RXT questions

OK done alot of reading and searching, I have a few questions that after reading I came up with

1. What is the advantage of a closed loop plate versus a open loop? I think stock is closed loop.
    2. Who is Jim and I noticed alot of people like his plates better than Riva so how do I contact him to get a price etc
    3. Should I be looking for a Riva intake grate or a plate for better top end
    4. I just got the ski so I was looking to just improve the performance a little without modding the whole boat this year.

1. What is the advantage of a closed loop plate versus a open loop? I think stock is closed loop.
    2. Who is Jim and I noticed alot of people like his plates better than Riva so how do I contact him to get a price etc
    3. Should I be looking for a Riva intake grate or a plate for better top end
    4. I just got the ski so I was looking to just improve the performance a little without modding the whole boat this year.

1....you have a constant supply of cooling water.

2....dunno

3...a grate is a drag...better hookup in chop...that's it.

4...careful...many have said that.....this is addictive.

I was just wondering about smoe of this in Maine pretty cold water so I dont know if I need a open loop plate. More curious about the ride plate or intake grate thing. I see people talking about both for a basically stock ski I dont know if it is a plate or a grate I should be looking for. I suspect grate is what keeps it hooked up and will help you from breaking a SC and keep water in the jet. When people where talkign about Jim no one mentioned who he is or how to get ahold of him but some like his plates better and it seems he has alot of other go fast stuff. Just trying to figure out how to contact him

Well after talking with Jerry a bit I think I am going to go with the Riva kit everything is included and it seems like it is a bit faster. The only other concern I have is using the riva plate with the riva grate... I read in one of the posts about them not recommended together. Anyone have anything on this???

Thread Information