+1

R&D Fuel Pressure Regulator Question

I had the R&D fuel pressure regulator installed last season. I noticed on my fuel pressure guage that it vibrates real hard and doesn't stay in the same place. The spots where it vibrates to are consistent and doesn't change. It seems that it doesn't change more than 5 psi up and down. I remember on my old 250X that the fuel pressure guage never moved like this. I turned it on and fuel pressure stayed exactly where I set it and never moved. Does anyone else have this problem? AFR is slightly high at WOT at 12.4 to 12.7 but I don't do long WOT runs. I still have stock injectors but might be upgrading soon.

+1
    I don't believe the R & D FPR kit comes with a gauge. Did you go with a liquid filled gauge? I know non liquid filled gauges will bounce around or vibrate.

+1
    It is liquid. I tried a few different liquid filled guages all with the same result. AFR has been consistent although a tad high. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out this weekend as planned. It is supposed to rain later and I have too much crap in my garage cause my kitchen is being put in as we speak so I can't even get the ski out of the garage. Next weekend is the target date. I need to do a few minor maintenance things to the ski anyway so I might as well get them out of the way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be able to make it out this weekend as planned. It is supposed to rain later and I have too much crap in my garage cause my kitchen is being put in as we speak so I can't even get the ski out of the garage.
    That's funny. I've got something very similar going right now too (home renovation). Sucks having other things going when you want to get the ski on the water.

Did the Duke bearing install tonight and will be cooking the stator at 350° F (hopefully) tomorrow.

Sorry I can't add anything to help your problem with the fuel pressure gauge.

+1
    I'm not overly worried cause it was happening last year but the AFR was relatively consistent. Maybe I will call R&D and see what they say.

Thread Information