Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seadoo LRV or....?

I have been slowing looking at a larger jet ski that would make it easier to fish off of. My options would be to sell my 91 superjet in order to have some cash for it. The seadoo LRV looks pretty big, but would the yamaha suv be more reliable? Does anyone know anything about the LRV...how are the engines in them? I see most of them run for around $3000, was hoping to get around $1500 for my SJ as it is in awesome condition.

+1
    I do not now much first hand about the LRV but I have been real happy with my SUV.

+1
    I'm considering an LRV as a mild conversion: Would like to get a cheap hull and drop a SCd 4-Tec in it. There's another member on here (Rapidacceleration, I think...) who dropped a 4-Tec, w/mods, into a SUV. I think he had it running in the mid 70's.

The LRV, I think, originally came w/a smoker (2 stroke) w/around 150 HP. It's also the largest PWC ever mass produced.

Yeah, get an SUV or LRV, then throw about $10K at it - you'll get THE fishing machine.

Yea not a move I want to make right away, but will keep my options open. Keep browsing until I find that deal.

I have a Sea-Doo LRV that I bought which had a blown engine that has since been removed, I am wanting to convert it to a 4tec engine and outfit it for extended open ocean and off shore trips, i have been looking for any kind of resources or information on the internet to help me do this or refer me to anyone who has done such a conversion, so far I have not been able to find anything.... please help!!

I would also be interested any any other engine conversions possible to a 4 stroke motor, reliability is my number one concern

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by willl View Post
    I would also be interested any any other engine conversions possible to a 4 stroke motor, reliability is my number one concern
    I would recommend you go to the comversion section. While they are doing this for much different reasons it is all the same. you can find out if the mounts are the same and go from there. See what engine is the easiens to install with all electronics then you can get all the customized intake, exhaust, cooling and driveline if needed. Check with some of the guys that have converted the older 2 stroke seadoos to 4-tecs. They can let you know what all would fit right in and can cross over as far as the electronics.
    I am not at all a conversion master but I would think if you are looking for a gas and go ski and not worried about speed, I would look into getting a cheap 155 hp seadoo and model is not important. Get the engine all freshened up. Who cares about the hull since you will trash it anyway. Completely gut it keep everything and put the hull on ebay and go from there. You should have around a 45 to 50 mph ski that is great on fuel and no worries about rebuilding a supercharger or the extra fuel usage. As I said gas and go. Just my opinion but I thing this would be the cheapest most reliable way to go.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cowthief View Post
    Yea not a move I want to make right away, but will keep my options open. Keep browsing until I find that deal.
    Cowthief I know you posted this a while back but did you ever come up with anything? Id be interested in seeing a LRV Fishing style.

Hey guys. I've recently joined GH but I own an LRV. I love the ride of it so much however my little two-smoke engine pooped out on me six years ago. I've finally gotten around to purchasing a used 4-tec, 4 stroke engine for it with all the parts needed. We'll see how this goes. As for Bombardier, it's a total shame they never made the LRVs with 4-stroke engines! If I didn't love the hull design and how smooth of a ride it is, I wouldn't put so much into this conversion!

+1
    Reggie, this was a project I've dreamed of doing but never really invested time or money, or just really even pursued. I'd love for you to post your work in the Conversions Section of the forum. I'm interested in how this project comes out... Good Luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information