Flushing the engine?

I'm flushing the oil in an 05 RXT 215 following ceraminc washer failure. I removed the spark plugs. I poured five quarts of 10W-40 into the engine. I have tried just cranking the engine to circulate the oil. I also installed a new filter to help keep an eye on the little bits of debris that is being caught by the filter. My problem is that just cranking it over does not seem to circulate the oil enough to flush the system, but I am afraid to run the engine until it is completely flushed and debris free. I was only able to pull about 2 quarts of oil out of the dip stick tube, so I removed the rear PTO housing and pulled another 2 quarts out. I am sure the remaining quart is in the head and in small cavities within the engine. If anyone has a easier or more effective way of flushing the engine, please reply.

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by tatanka View Post
    I'm flushing the oil in an 05 RXT 215 following ceraminc washer failure. I removed the spark plugs. I poured five quarts of 10W-40 into the engine. I have tried just cranking the engine to circulate the oil. I also installed a new filter to help keep an eye on the little bits of debris that is being caught by the filter. My problem is that just cranking it over does not seem to circulate the oil enough to flush the system, but I am afraid to run the engine until it is completely flushed and debris free. I was only able to pull about 2 quarts of oil out of the dip stick tube, so I removed the rear PTO housing and pulled another 2 quarts out. I am sure the remaining quart is in the head and in small cavities within the engine. If anyone has a easier or more effective way of flushing the engine, please reply.
    I have an '05 RXP 215, although I don't know a whole lot about these skis I was able to pull slightly over 4 quarts out of mine via the dipstick and front oil seperator cover.

This is what I used: http://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7400-Liter-Fluid-Evacuator/dp/B000JFJM14/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1272291182&sr= 8-1

Yeah, I guess what I am asking is, is it safe or even advisable to run the engine to flush it.

+1
    There are quite a few threads dealing with this, you really need to do some searching and reading ... after a ceramic washer failure, you need to pull the engine out of the ski, pull the oil pumps off/apart and likely replace them, but you also have to remove the bolts from the bottom of the motor and pull it apart to thoroughly flush it ... you do NOT want to run it or turn it over until you have disassembled it and manually flushed it out. You cannot flush out the engine without removing and disassembling it.

I've searched and heeded all the advice. I have removed and replaced both pumps...among other various parts. I cleaned the screens. I removed the crankshaft housing and cleaned the pan...which was spotless, and yes, I did have to remove the engine to do all of this. I returned the engine to the ski and attached all the oil hoses and fuel line. I replaced the oil filter and engine oil and filtered it once. I plan on flushing it two more times before I take it back out and again immediately after the first trip back on the water. It is impossible to circulate the oil without at least cranking the starter to turn the parts. However, there is still tiny debris in the oil. With this information is it safe to idle the engine to circulate the oil to help remove more debris.

Thread Information