Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Had to return my 260 iS today

She lasted 20 minutes the last time out and it seemed to me it was overheating. So the dealer will do an exchange it for a new one. When I got there, I had a "feeling" and pulled the drain plugs. Water came gushing out on a level ski and was still pouring when I left the lot 5 minutes later.

What could have caused this?

Banned User
    +1
    thats about as vague as details you can get. are you saying it over heated AND there was water in the hull or what? need more info!!

+1
    happend to my buddy as well on his 09 RXTX is, exhaust overheated, hole in waterbox, almost sank the POS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    thats about as vague as details you can get. are you saying it over heated AND there was water in the hull or what? need more info!!
    I'll start from the beginning when I picked it up on Thurs.
    Ran about 20 minutes and had a massive power drop (alarms going off)
    Took it back to the dealer and they stated that one of the SC hose clamps popped off. The mechanic states it's fixed.

Took it out Sat and it lasted 2 minutes. Went into Limp mode. Took it back to the dealer and they stated that a sensor was sensing too low of manifold pressure. he tried another sensor with no luck. He then tore down the intake. Couldn't find anything as he thought something was leaking on the intake. He runs it for a few minutes and gives it a clean bill of health. I head back out on the water and it lasts about 20 minutes. At first I thought it was the ECM limiting the RPM's due to the lack of engine hours, but then it wouldn't plane out and the engine was misfiring. I don't think there's an engine temp gauge, by by all accounts, it was acting like it was overheating. Brought it home, opened up the seat and it is very hot under there.

Took it to the dealer this AM and while there, I had a hunch, so I pulled the drain plugs and out comes the lake! I'm sure the extra weight in there caused issues too.

Through what items does the raw water flow? Whatever it is, it's obviously leaking. Either way, I will get a different ski tomorrow and test ride it right away hoping for the best.

I will update on the ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    happend to my buddy as well on his 09 RXTX is, exhaust overheated, hole in waterbox, almost sank the POS
    Is it the water box or the resonator cracking?
    I thought i read somewhere about the plastic resonator cracking on these skis.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

and what did that ski cost?

I woudn't give a rat's ass what the heck was wrong with it, the dealer would be delivering a new one and a tech to water test it...a new doo is a big chunk o cash to be worry what went wrong instead of riding it like it was a rental.... doubtful the dealer will figure it out either..maybe you'll hear something from the regional seadoo tech, who no doubt is on his way there right now.

i for one would be somewhat less then polite under these circumstances.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    I woudn't give a rat's ass what the heck was wrong with it, the dealer would be delivering a new one and a tech to water test it...a new doo is a big chunk o cash to be worry what went wrong instead of riding it like it was a rental.... doubtful the dealer will figure it out either..maybe you'll hear something from the regional seadoo tech, who no doubt is on his way there right now.

i for one would be somewhat less then polite under these circumstances.
    And the dealer is doing just that, today. We're taking another one out of the box and will give it a good shakedown. If it does the same thing, then I'll just rescind the purchase and look for something else.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

props to the dealer

for decent customer service, guess that deserves a plug of some sort...I'd be glad to run it in my tank if they want to send it over here along with a buds setup.....

Actually saw a seadoo TV ad yesterday...a dramatic bit with new seadoo doing about 50 knots on a collision course with a boat ( looked like the boat was coming out of a marina..sine it was running parallel to a jetty. The do was going to t-bone it..UNTIL he hit the "brakes".

Actually an impressive stopping distance. I'm sure that will save a little bacon this season. People may actually get more reckless thinking they can stop on a dime.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    And the dealer is doing just that, today. We're taking another one out of the box and will give it a good shakedown. If it does the same thing, then I'll just rescind the purchase and look for something else.
    I know you're pissed but you're lucky, some dealer's won't give you a new skl, they would rather destroy the relationship and make you wait until your new ski is fixed on their schedule. By the way, how do you "rescind the purchase" in Florida?

One thing I would suggest is double checking the fine print on that extended warranty you said you got, but didn't know who provided it, read this thread and this thread, and you will understand why.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Actually saw a seadoo TV ad yesterday...a dramatic bit with new seadoo doing about 50 knots on a collision course with a boat ( looked like the boat was coming out of a marina..sine it was running parallel to a jetty. The do was going to t-bone it..UNTIL he hit the "brakes"...
    LOL, I saw that too, good ad!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information