F12-X Mods Macsboost or Alpha Boost?

Hello every one. I am new to the waverunner scene and I think I made a mistake buying a Honda. All the guys I ride with have GPR's and Supercharged Seadoo's.
    These guys are walking all over me in the water. From what I can see there really aren't a whole lot of things you can do to the Honda. I was looking at the Macsboost and the Alpha Boost. Is there a ride plate, pump wedge and Impeller I should go with? I've been looking on here for the last 2 days now and I am totally lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    The MacBoost will make a difference in your launch and maybe a MPH or two on the top.

The Honda was not designed as a straight line racer and was more around tight turns, watersports, gas mileage and reliablity. We even pull a parasail behind ours.

Honda was also more concerned about product liability since the CG issued a rule asking for class A watercraft not to exceed 65 MPH.

Seldom do you see a Honda being towed in like the rest...

I'm not trying to make a rocket. All I want to do is get the ski into the mid or upper 60's. Thats gotta be doable without dropping 1500 or 2 g's into it

+1
    get a macboost unit, you'll be MUCH happier. i think they are 450. Cut bars two and four out of the stock grate if you get real energetic. Even after that, You'll get 50% longer ride time than your friends from honda fuel economy.

I've herd allot of people doing that with the stock ride plate. I guess maybe tomorrow I'll pull it out and put it on the bench. Does it make that much of a difference?

+1
    The ride plate rear foot machining raises the bow which keeps it from slamming in the chop. It rides much better but it is hardly any faster.

+1
    Had both kits. Go with the alpha kit. Way better. Tunable for what PSI you what. If you dont know what your looking for go with the Macsboost. But I do recommend Macs intercooler and prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Had both kits. Go with the alpha kit. Way better. Tunable for what PSI you what. If you dont know what your looking for go with the Macsboost. But I do recommend Macs intercooler and prop.
    i think he'll get frustrated hitting codes trying to dial it in. With the mac it's just plug n play.

Thread Information