Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: R2 or vipec?

R2 or vipec?

im goin to upgrade my ski but im thinking should i go for R2 of vipec
    im a recreational rider i always do long distance ride,my target is 80mph.but our weather here is hot n humid n always cant get the result like u guys over sea
    btw for more cold air intake wat do u guys suggest?

Hi buddy,
    I'm on the same boat about the weather hot and humid all around the year.
    I went with a riva air intake but any intake would be good as I'm more concern about the air temp after the intercooler.
    In my opinion, you should go with a vipec or a motec. Why ? I read you read in Malaysia and I think it would be more convenient to get the maps by emails than sending your ecu, then wait for it to be reflash then wait for it to come back. I'm in French polynesia so I had to consider that but I made my choice, will go with a motec M400 as soon as I can

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    Hi buddy,
    I'm on the same boat about the weather hot and humid all around the year.
    I went with a riva air intake but any intake would be good as I'm more concern about the air temp after the intercooler.
    In my opinion, you should go with a vipec or a motec. Why ? I read you read in Malaysia and I think it would be more convenient to get the maps by emails than sending your ecu, then wait for it to be reflash then wait for it to come back. I'm in French polynesia so I had to consider that but I made my choice, will go with a motec M400 as soon as I can

good luck
    but if i go wif the vipec do i need to do anymore modification?as i knw if i go for the reflash i dun need to do other modification.

probably theses:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1221

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1461

but I think you should get the engine cooling kit even if you go with the R2.

Already ordered my engine cooling kit.

good luck ^^

+1

Thumbs up 80 MPH

Hi buddy,

If you wan't to go 80 MPH there is only one answer. RIVA STAGE III. I just finished installing mine and I'm doing 82.3- 83.1 MPH all day long and the hole shot is unreal Here is a link to my build http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117208
    Take care Julio...

+1

Thumbs up VIPEC

Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    but if i go wif the vipec do i need to do anymore modification?as i knw if i go for the reflash i dun need to do other modification.
    If you go with the RIVA VIPEC ecu it is extremely easy to upload new flashes/ maps as they become available. Take care Julio...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StageIII install 021710 002.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	185412  

+1
    Here's my .02

If you are sure that you won't want to go further than the B1 & have the ability to do some tuning on your own, get the reflash. If you think you might want to run more boost in the future get the Vipec or Motec. The reflash doesn't support bigger injectors, & even though many people are running higher boost wheels(16+psi) with it, IMO you will be really pushing the ragged edge of reliability vs performance with that much boost & stock injectors. An aftermarket ECU will give you a lot more flexibility for different setups, but if you don't plan to run big boost, the reflash will do just fine when matched with a powershot. A FPR will give you even more safety & tuneability.

I have the R2 on my SHO & I'm pretty confident 80 is within reach with just a C1 wheel, so I'm sure 80+ will come easy for you with the reflash & B1. I already had a powershot & won't go further than the B1 on my SHO, so the R2 was a perfect low cost solution for me. I've been very impressed with the performance gain & the support from R&D is top notch. On my project ski however, I will be going much further & will want the capabilities of the aftermarket ECU, so I'll be going Vipec with that one.

Also, remember with either the reflash or Vipec you will need to spend more money on getting a pump/prop solution that will be sufficient after adding the extra power, so consider that too before making your decision.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Here's my .02

If you are sure that you won't want to go further than the B1 & have the ability to do some tuning on your own, get the reflash. If you think you might want to run more boost in the future get the Vipec or Motec. The reflash doesn't support bigger injectors, & even though many people are running higher boost wheels(16+psi) with it, IMO you will be really pushing the ragged edge of reliability vs performance with that much boost & stock injectors. An aftermarket ECU will give you a lot more flexibility for different setups, but if you don't plan to run big boost, the reflash will do just fine when matched with a powershot. A FPR will give you even more safety & tuneability.

I have the R2 on my SHO & I'm pretty confident 80 is within reach with just a C1 wheel, so I'm sure 80+ will come easy for you with the reflash & B1. I already had a powershot & won't go further than the B1 on my SHO, so the R2 was a perfect low cost solution for me. I've been very impressed with the performance gain & the support from R&D is top notch. On my project ski however, I will be going much further & will want the capabilities of the aftermarket ECU, so I'll be going Vipec with that one.

Also, remember with either the reflash or Vipec you will need to spend more money on getting a pump/prop solution that will be sufficient after adding the extra power, so consider that too before making your decision.
    +1....Perfectly said!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Here's my .02

tks bro,since i dun knw anything abt tunning then i shall go for the R2 reflash

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    tks bro,since i dun knw anything abt tunning then i shall go for the R2 reflash
    Good choice Tyson. You won't be disappointed and I definitely think this is the best option for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information