Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Restarting WEEKEND UPDATE!!.. 4/26/10

YIPPY !! My Summer is finally here!!! Idle speed restriction in the recreational area drops this weekend !!

I haven't done a damn thing to 'improve' the skis these last few months as I have been way to busy with another hobbys.. (old cars ,speedboats and guitar repairs).

I do have three skis that are water ready (gp/wr's) and can't wait to get some 'real' water time..I hope to get back to regular weekend riding and wrenching ..

I see most of the diehard's are posting and wrenching ,thou also noticed that some faces are missing from the MOTLY CREW we have had participating in oldschool in the past year...

I will try to bring this back to a once a week posting if the responce is there for it ..

Chime in fellows (new and old) let us know what is up !!

+1

Cool

Glad this is back...

Been messing with my GP the last couple of weekends..

Squeezed out a 65.4 a couple of weekends ago.. in less than ideal conditions..

This past weekend..
    I can't believe how much of a difference a 1/8th turn on the lows makes to the performance..

Turned the lows in an 1/8th the holeshot was considerably cleaner/sharper/more responsive.. (what word am i looking for here..??)

After an hour or so i turned the hi's in an 1/8th also, I picked up 40-60 rpm's..??

Was having way too much fun to bother with any more tweaking..?? (just kept my eye on the tach all the time)

Outcome was i was able to walk away from a stock 08 GPR easily.. (everywhere)
    Could also easily holeshot a GPR with some handling mods and a jetworks setup.
    Would leave this 2nd GPR behind easily if i stayed hooked up.. (damn rough water.. )

Need to get the impeller changed out from the Nu-Jet 6.5, to either the Solas J (Impros 13-20) Or a skat 14-19 swirl.. (thanks Mike & Scott)
    I think this motor will be way too much for my Solas XO..

For now I'm thinking monster holeshot and big wave jumping..
    Picked up a 0' degree exit nozzle last week..
    Which I think I'll be boring this out a couple mm... Any Thoughts on that idea..

Gerry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla View Post
    Glad this is back...

Been messing with my GP the last couple of weekends..

Squeezed out a 65.4 a couple of weekends ago.. in less than ideal conditions..

This past weekend..
    I can't believe how much of a difference a 1/8th turn on the lows makes to the performance..

Turned the lows in an 1/8th the holeshot was considerably cleaner/sharper/more responsive.. (what word am i looking for here..??)

After an hour or so i turned the hi's in an 1/8th also, I picked up 40-60 rpm's..??

Was having way too much fun to bother with any more tweaking..?? (just kept my eye on the tach all the time)

Outcome was i was able to walk away from a stock 08 GPR easily.. (everywhere)
    Could also easily holeshot a GPR with some handling mods and a jetworks setup.
    Would leave this 2nd GPR behind easily if i stayed hooked up.. (damn rough water.. )

Need to get the impeller changed out from the Nu-Jet 6.5, to either the Solas J (Impros 13-20) Or a skat 14-19 swirl.. (thanks Mike & Scott)
    I think this motor will be way too much for my Solas XO..

For now I'm thinking monster holeshot and big wave jumping..
    Picked up a 0' degree exit nozzle last week..
    Which I think I'll be boring this out a couple mm... Any Thoughts on that idea..

Gerry
    This will help with holeshot, but I predict a 1 - 1.5 mph loss in top speed in smooth water. Your ski is running good Gerry, I love seeing these GP's run 65+!

+1
    66.9 mph more to come

got the engine rebuilt and started but need a new starter relay and then I'll be breakin her in! Friday = 83, Saturday = 86, and Sunday = 90!!!

+1
    I've done a ton......

Thing is I am seriously thinking of selling EVERYTHING.

Between Dr. bills and meds, it is not fun. Plus I could enjoy the extra $ and time with the new GF even more.

Ran my ski still too slow for me. Spun the J-prop 13/20 to 7620 and the skat 13/19 to 7790 in the 12 vane magnum pump. I need to repitch both of these. I am thinking 15/20 on the skat and 14/20 or 15/20 on the J.

I am also going to:
    Take off the o degree skat reduction nozzle with the int rings and put on the 5 degree stock nozzle.
    Take off the mechanical trim tabs.
    Take off the auto drop nozzle and put on a sho or riva extended turn nozzle.
    Shim the rideplate back to high speed position.
    New plugs gap .026 or .028(yes these plugs are old) lol
    Drill 1-2" holes in the front seat.
    Recheck squish.

And maybe:
    Machine the plate.
    Jump to mod 2 maybe for a bit(want to feel mor midrange) on the cdi.

This should get me into the 70's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Ran my ski still too slow for me. Spun the J-prop 13/20 to 7620 and the skat 13/19 to 7790 in the 12 vane magnum pump. I need to repitch both of these. I am thinking 15/20 on the skat and 14/20 or 15/20 on the J.

I am also going to:
    Take off the o degree skat reduction nozzle with the int rings and put on the 5 degree stock nozzle.
    Take off the mechanical trim tabs.
    Take off the auto drop nozzle and put on a sho or riva extended turn nozzle.
    Shim the rideplate back to high speed position.
    New plugs gap .026 or .028(yes these plugs are old) lol
    Drill 1-2" holes in the front seat.
    Recheck squish.

And maybe:
    Machine the plate.
    Jump to mod 2 maybe for a bit(want to feel mor midrange) on the cdi.

This should get me into the 70's.
    Kris..

Never mind re-check the squish..

Re-check your GPS...!!

A Solas J at 7620rpms has to be comfortly in the 70's..?? (group-k quotes 66 @6950)

I'll not be happy if my 13-20 J doesn't put me real close to 70(guessing 68+) before i start filling holes and adjusting angles..

I get the impression you're slow playing a pretty impressive hand here..??

Either that or you were towing the Queen Mary into dock..

Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by quadzilla View Post
    Kris..

Never mind re-check the squish..

Re-check your GPS...!!

A Solas J at 7620rpms has to be comfortly in the 70's..?? (group-k quotes 66 @6950)

I'll not be happy if my 13-20 J doesn't put me real close to 70(guessing 68+) before i start filling holes and adjusting angles..

I get the impression you're slow playing a pretty impressive hand here..??

Either that or you were towing the Queen Mary into dock..

Gerry

LOL! The power is there!

Yes indeed if you look at it that way. But a 14/20 closed off to a 13/20 doesnt give me enough water to process. My speeds will come up with the bending. You can feel it right around 7200 rpm just hit a wall. need more leading edge. Oh and those groupk numbers were on a 14/20 J. I should be ok.

I also ran this setup with flat plate(no shims), 0 degree nozzle, mechanical trim tabs, and auto drop nozzle. All setup for CC.

+1
    Where you been hiding?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information