Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Who are you using for Insurance

Jersey Guys, who are you using for Insurance? all the big names out there are a rip.

I wonder what percentage of people have insurance.
    Last edited by caliburst; 05-10-2010 at 07:16 AM.

United Marine Underwriters.. 350 a year.. Insured up to 9K onthe ski itself, with 500 deductible..

And yes, the cost is outrageous. My motorcycle insurance is like $120. I only have liability so its based on the amount of damage that my bike can do if I get in an accident which isnt much. If you get into a bike accident, you are going to do most of the damage to yourself and the bike. A pwc is really no different.. and the liklihood of having a collision is remote (again, IMO - certainly different in high traffic areas).. so the insurance should be cheap. I got a quote once from progressive, just out of curiousity, and it was ridiculous.

I know this didnt answer your original question.. just giving my .02 on the subject. FWIW

+1
    right now im looking at 290 for the year. If i didnt need to have it, i wouldnt. I tend to avoid high traffic areas, but on the off chance i do get run into, i dont want to deal with the legal BS or being sued by some punk kids parents.

Im in CT so not sure the difference in rates but when i first bought mine i had Gieco and it was $100 a year. But my ski was insured for only $4K.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    United Marine Underwriters.. 350 a year.. Insured up to 9K onthe ski itself, with 500 deductible..
    Hey, he said Jersey folks!!!

BTW, here in CT I pay a little under $400 for the year with high limits. For the price it is, it is silly not too have it and have good coverage. I believe I am covered for $14,000 on the ski and trailer. I'd rather pay it and never need it then not have it and need it that one time.
    Well worth it for the piece of mind alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    I wonder what percentage of people have insurance. I dont. This has been debated on the forum before...

The ski is covered by homeowners insurance when in the yard and auto insurance when on the trailer on the road..
    ON the water, if you dont ride in congested areas (which I dont) there is no point, IMO.

The only exception would be if you hit a stump or a rock and trash your hull... which has happened..

I would have gone the homeowners insurance route...if my insurance company covered PWC's Instead I think I pay 240 a year, forget what it covers...i should look into that.....

Mine are all bundled together through Liberty Mutual along with house, cars, liability, etc... they wouldn't give me a liability umbrella unless I also added all my toys, so the ski's are on it...not sure what they add to the total.

Worth it though if my brother in law runs into somone riding one of my ski's. He already ran into my wife once - not sure if that was an accident though?

I'm not so sure that auto insurance covers your ski when it's in tow....the thought ALWAYS crosses my mind when I'm stuck in traffic on my way to SpeedFreaks in Brooklyn and I see someone centimeters from my bumper!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information