+1

83Gator Fishing Reports

(FYI, if anybody cares to read, I'll lump any fishing reports I make under this thread.)

Date: Sunday, 04/25/10
    Launch: Bob's By. Black Marina
    Air/Water Temp: 80/73
    Wind: 15kts - W
    Sky: Clear
    Results:

This was my first outing for the year, since the winter dry-dock. I was searching for bass & reds. Unfortunately, the spillway is still in a flood condition, so far the most part the water is still high & muddy.

I started on the Turtle By. side of the marsh, hitting points and sloughs w/a spinner bait and a Rattle Trap. Although the main canal was muddy, pretty water could be found off of various dead-ends. W/no success I decided to travel to the lower end of Penchant near the Superior Canal. Once again, high and muddy.

My 1/2 day resulted in no fish, but a plenty of beautiful scenery to take in. I traveled 60 miles, averaging 5.25 MPG. Better luck next time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120769.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	821.1 KB 
ID:	185376   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120776.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	185377  

+1
    If you don't go, you'll never know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibrian View Post
    If you don't go, you'll never know.
    Yep, which is why it's called "fishing" instead of "catching". I'm really just getting back into it [the sport]. I used to tournament fish when I was younger, but took some time off (15 yrs.) to raise a couple of kids. I feel like I'm starting all over: gear, tips & tricks, locations... But it should be a fun education.

Yea I agree, I am rather new to the inshore fishing. Offshore I could tell you anything, I am 26 years old and have been out 10miles+ offshore since I was 8. Artificial lures and spinning is taking me some time to get used to, but I met a guy in my neighborhood that has a stumpknocker so hopefully he can teach me some new tricks.

just being curious, what was your average speed to be able to average that mpg?

+1
    I cleared my GPS when I got home which would have shown my "Avg. moving speed". But I would guess around mid to upper 40s. (45 -50mph).

+1
    Largemouth Bass fishing has been heating up here; I have caught 17 bass this week, all top water action (of course) - 10 of those were caught last Saturday afternoon. These are spring bass so most are small, but lots of fun.

+1

My First Double

Date: Friday, 08/06/10
    Launch: Bob's By. Black Marina
    Air/Water Temp: 150!/88
    Wind: 5kts - S
    Sky: Clear
    Results:

All in all, not a bad day: I caught about 35 bass, but only 5 keepers (12" min.), but I sure had fun. And most of my catch was made within 1.5 hours.

As far as my "first double", I'll let the pix do the talking...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130485.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	209204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130489.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	209205  

+1
    I have been tearing them up here on Lake Lewisville. I got into the Hybrids this week. They have an 18" limit and I was throwing back keepers left and right. I did keep two and we ate them last night. The action only last a couple hours before dark but man is it fun. Hey Brian I don't know how you handle those big ones. I was bare handing 25" fish. I need to bring the net...

Oh and thanks again for your stickys on the rack, I have been haveing a blast!

Thread Information