Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Handling mods for SHO

Hi guys,

Looking to start handling mods for the SHO - first stop. Mostly do bay riding so flat water riding is not experianced all that often....unfortunately

Any reason why i should not be getting the following:

R&D SHO Aquavein Intake Grate
    R&D SHO High Performance Ride Plate
    R&D SHO Pump Seal Kit for R&D Intake Grate (says 'R&D's new pump seal kit for the RIVA SHO Scoop Grate is now available' in the description so a little confused on that one)
    Riva FX SHO /FZ Power Cooler blow off valve kit (as i ride in ocean/bay is this a recommended part to ensure clutch longevity?)

Any comments suggestions well received.

Cheers.

+1
    I would keep the stock ride plate for offshore riding. The R&D rideplate is much shorter and will sacrifice a lot of handling.

what about that:

R&D SHO/FZR VTS Quick Shift Cam Kit
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1016

and that:
    R&D SHO/FZR Auto Trim Nozzle Kit
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=919

I got the R&D Hydro Force Steering Nozzle (bought it thinking it won't come with the auto trim kit lol) and the VTS quick shift cam kit on my sho. I'm doing offshore only and I really like this setup.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    what about that:

yes. the vts cam kit is a good upgrade.

and that:

I got the R&D Hydro Force Steering Nozzle (bought it thinking it won't come with the auto trim kit lol) and the VTS quick shift cam kit on my sho. I'm doing offshore only and I really like this setup.
    since you have a bov you might want to look at upgrading from the oem intercooler. check out the classified section for slighty used items.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    since you have a bov you might want to look at upgrading from the oem intercooler. check out the classified section for slighty used items.
    I'm going with the RIVA POWER COOLER as I could change the core later if needed (salt water only) but that's "Gonzo"'s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
    what about that:

and that:

I honestly wouldn bother with either of those. Just get the R&D intake grate, and the R&D sponsons. That's all you need for offshore handling right there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon lasiter #328 View Post
    why replace the ic if you install the bov? i was thinking of purchasing the riva bov kit as well. most of my riding is offshore

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I honestly wouldn bother with either of those. Just get the R&D intake grate, and the R&D sponsons. That's all you need for offshore handling right there.
    +1
    I'm not sure the cam kit would be a waste though. I'm assuming since it makes the trim positions closer you'll have more clicks on the QSTS which should help trim the boat better in rough conditions. It's only $30, so I'm going to order one. The drop nozzle is more of a racer mod for turning buoys. +10000 on the R&D sponsons...they rock in the rough. Stay away from the Riva's though because they will do the opposite. I've had both.

Another part to consider is a 2.5* nozzle. It'll scrub speed in flat water, but should help in the rough. They will make them any size for you...I'd stick with 83mm(same as OEM nozzle).
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1443
    Quote from R&D's site:
    The new R&D cast aluminum exit nozzle is designed to fine tune the pump and prop to maximize performance and rpm. The new R&D exit nozzle is available in 2.5 and 5 degree up sweep angles. The 5 degree positive angle lightens the nose of the craft and adds top speed; this is great for recreational use. The 2.5 degree delivers improved performance in rough water conditions by producing more nose pressure to drive the hull through the bumps; this design is perfect for closed coarse and offshore competition. Both types are available in bore sizes of 80, 80.5, 81, and 81.5. *Custom bore sizes from 80 to 90 available at no extra charge, specify size when ordering. The maintenance free R&D cast aluminum and powder coated one piece construction exit nozzle is the better alternative to a removable ring design. With the new R&D nozzle the OEM reliability and safety is retained, because there is not a removable ring sleeve to vibrate loose, falls out and gets wedged in the steering nozzle creating a whole new definition to the term BUCKING.

getting the R&D steering nozzle really help offshore. Because it's longer than the stock one, the handle bar become harder to turn when going 1/4 to full throttle which is great compare to the stock one that would still loose. I'm talking about the feeling on a FX SHO. And Yea I love my SHO

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniChunks View Post
    why replace the ic if you install the bov? i was thinking of purchasing the riva bov kit as well. most of my riding is offshore
    since you have given yourself the abilty to protect the clutch. you could gain acceloration and top speed by giving yourself cooler intake air temp. with a upgraded i.c.
    even with a better core for 500.00 you will notice a improvement.
    but for the same amount of dollars you could get a slightly used i.c. in the classified section.
    the riva uses a flange style bov. so your intake hose and bov would be not used.
    plus the riva i.c. is one of the most expensive i.c.`s on the market.
    i am not saying that they are not worth it. they are very good units.
    but if you are running a oem or low boost wheel. there are other economical options that will meet your needs.
    and they are also easy to open up to clean out from salt water use as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information