+1

Exclamation Important info on SC wheel instalation!

I found this info on Engine Tech web sight very intersting info for longer SC bearing life---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Installing a S/C wheel in the yamaha's are a delicat job and should be treated as one. In the assemble stage make sure you use plenty of Clean and good quality oil.
    After you have assembled the charger. DO NOT start the engine until you have primed the charger with oil.(There is a bleeder bolt on top of the charger. Remove the bolt and fill (Prime) with good quality oil).
    After you have done this and you are ready to start the engine. DO NOT REV THE ENGINE FOR AT LEAST A GOOD 60 SECONDS.

If you do not follow this and Rev your engine on the stand before your Supercharger has OIL PRESSURE then you may wear your charger bearings out in a mater of seconds. (Damage the shaft and other rotating parts)The FZR

Supercharger spins 10 times the engine RPM.

Example engine 6,000rpm = 60,000rpm

There are some reports that some like to rev there engine out of the water after assemble, not a good idea.

There are new bearings available with the oil update (grove) and will be coated with a hard molly. Still requires oil pressure to take advantage of this new product so make sure you follow these step for a trouble free ride.
    Art

www.engine-tech.com

+1

Thumbs up

It would be a good idea to prime your S C if you ski has been in storage all winter too! Also letting it idle for 60 sec. any time you start it up for the first time each ride is a good idea too! Tommy Jordan

+1
    very helpfull info as always tommy

+1
    Old post I thought I would bring back up since the forum is slow right now, Tommy Jordan

+1
    Good advice!!!

Here's another tip: I always replace the paper gasket under the filler bolt & learned it's much easier to remove the old gasket before reinstalling the SC in the ski. It can be a pain to scrape off the old gasket, & if you do it while you have it on the bench it's much easier to make sure none of the old gasket material falls into the hole.

+1
    I just built my SC, H1 and Riva shaft. I pre-oiled the SC using this method. I also bought 2 extra gaskets for the oil primer bolt just to have.

Thread Information