Engine Alignment

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. Ive had my ski for about 2 years now. I am looking for an engine alignment tool. I found the one on watcon but I figured I was check and see if there was anyone willing to sell me one at a better price on here. Thanks.

+1
    Welcome to the HULK! There may be one you could borrow from a member possibly. Randys alignment tool is the best. it has a tolerence of 0.0000+/_ 0.0001" Thats an incredible tolerence to have on a alignment tool. well worth the money.

Where from what kind of ski? did you see my sticky thread for newbies? on the front page? the more we know, the more we can help you out.

No I have yet to see the sticky, also has anyone ever heard of using polyethylene hose for fuel line. Is Randy at Watcon? I have a 94 750 sl with the fuji engine with appox. 50 hrs. on it. I recently purchased a set of boyesen power reeds, ocean pro arrestors, and reed spacers and triple fuel pump. I have also removed the thermostat and bypass valve and im planning on sticking with the oil pump. I am in columbia, mo and i work at a gm dealership as an automotive technician so i believe i am pretty well mechanically inclined.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Vetteman.

Not sure how good Poly hose woould be. Often the cheap hose gets hard real fast, then runs risk of cracking.

You also don't want too soft of a hose before the fuel pump, or being used for the pulse hose. It may collapse under the suction of the fuel pump, and/or crankcase. I'd suggest reinforced automotive fuel lines.

Yes, Randy is at Watcon.

When you replace the fuel lines, make sure to reinstall the restrictor that's inside the return hose. It's about 1" past the last carb.

Make sure the auto cock has been removed per Polaris bulletin.

Also inspect the filters, hoses insode the fuel tank, and petcock for restrictions.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to rebuild the carbs due to age alone. I'd suggest genuine Mikuni rebuild kits for Super BN 38mm carbs. You'll need 3 kits. (1 for each carb)

With those OP FA's, you want to turrn your high speed screws OUT about 1/2 turn from stock.

I wonder about using polyethylene hose for fuel line because polaris fuel tanks are made of high density polyethylene, reason i know this is because it says on top of the tank, so i was wondering because of this, would polyethylene be a good canidate?
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk Vetteman.

Not sure how good Poly hose woould be. Often the cheap hose gets hard real fast, then runs risk of cracking.

You also don't want too soft of a hose before the fuel pump, or being used for the pulse hose. It may collapse under the suction of the fuel pump, and/or crankcase. I'd suggest reinforced automotive fuel lines.

Yes, Randy is at Watcon.

When you replace the fuel lines, make sure to reinstall the restrictor that's inside the return hose. It's about 1" past the last carb.

Make sure the auto cock has been removed per Polaris bulletin.

Also inspect the filters, hoses insode the fuel tank, and petcock for restrictions.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to rebuild the carbs due to age alone. I'd suggest genuine Mikuni rebuild kits for Super BN 38mm carbs. You'll need 3 kits. (1 for each carb)

With those OP FA's, you want to turrn your high speed screws OUT about 1/2 turn from stock.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Let us know how it works out.....

Thread Information