Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbie with a few questions

Hey there fellas, I picked up a sea doo RXT a couple of weeks ago. Its a 05 with 128 hours on it, I owned a GTS a few years ago but sold it with the intentions of buying a boat. Now here I am five years later married with a kid and finally getting back into the sport. Anyway this RXT is way more advanced the the early 90's gts that I had, So I am looking for some advice.
    I read a lot of stuff about the superchargers, and have come to the decision that mine needs to be rebuilt. So I called the closest dealer ( about 45 minutes away) and got a price of about 650$ for a full rebuild. There is another place that wants to put a new SC in, he said that he upgrades to the ones that are in the RXT-X to get a litte more boost. but he wants 800$. So i am looking for some advice on either of these too, or any other direction that I should look into with this rebuild.

Also I started to replace my starter relay last night, but I cannot figure out how the get the battery leads of the post's on the relay. I am sure it is something easy, and I feel like a dumbass having to ask, but I spent about an hour and a half dicking with them last night and am no farther along now.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys.

Rob

+1
    Rob Welcome to the Hulk.

SC rebuild>>>> Supercharger Rebuild

As for the terminals unsnap the caps that cover the nuts and use a 10mm thin-wall socket.

Sounds good, I tried that last night and couldnt get the socket to bite, the heads looked completely round. But I will try it again, I may have had too fat of a socket. Thanks for the fast reply

If you put an X charger on it you will need to run 42lb injectors, you will see a difference tho with that charger. Will have to do other things like get a suitable prop as well. Check out the online store if you havent yet.

Banned User
    If u look in the store the X charger is a better deal then a full rebuild on ur charger, its 650 and has 3 to 4 more lbs of boost and a 10mm larger wheel for more volume, a set of 42 lbs injectors will be needed to fuel the extra air, but they can be found cheap if u look online, mostly check out the classifieds for injectors and a 14/19 prop. I ran that setup in 08 when the X's came out, it was very safe and reliable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    If u look in the store the X charger is a better deal then a full rebuild on ur charger, its 650 and has 3 to 4 more lbs of boost and a 10mm larger wheel for more volume, a set of 42 lbs injectors will be needed to fuel the extra air, but they can be found cheap if u look online, mostly check out the classifieds for injectors and a 14/19 prop. I ran that setup in 08 when the X's came out, it was very safe and reliable.

+1

Had the same issues as you are having with the relay - mine had silicone or something similar on top of the nuts - just use a thin wall socket and push it in with some force and it should seat.

Also, you can take out and install the SC and the injectors - both are really not that hard. Look in the "How to" section there's an excellent write up.

Thanks for all the response guys. I really appreciate all the support.

I got the starter relay done about 10 minutes ago. What a pain in the ass. The 10mm sockets that I was using last night had to thick of a wall, went to autozone and bought a new socket, and had both terminals off in about 20 minutes.

As for the supercharger is the extra boost worth the extra money? How much more am I going to have to spend to complete this setup? I was thinking of trying to pull the charger myself and send it to Jerry for a rebuild, wich would be quite a bit cheaper than the dealership. Everyone seems to great things to say about the service that he offers, and I think this would be my cheapest route.

+1
    Have Jerry rebuild the stocker and enjoy then down the road you can look at a bigger charger and all that goes with it.

I think that will be my best bet. Thanks. Do I need to contact Gerry ahead of time, or just buy the kit and send him the charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Rford09 View Post
    I think that will be my best bet. Thanks. Do I need to contact Gerry ahead of time, or just buy the kit and send him the charger?

you should just do what i did... keep ure eye out for a nice low hour used charger with metal washers try to find a reputable guy to buy it off of and just throw it in yourself... it is VERY VERY easy i promise you ( i have never worked on a PWC and i did the supercharger swap myself in roughly an hour... just remove yours and replace with the low hour charger with washers... you can find them for 200 to 300 bucks EASILY... you could even find a x charger for 500-550 buy the bigger injectors and roll.. just depends on the money...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information