Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2005 RXP - Wont run HELP!

Hi,

I am really hoping someone here can help me with a problem I am having with my 2005 Seadoo RXP.

I have two 05 RXP's and after pulling them out from the winter one of them is running great, the other is giving me a lot of problems.

Here is the problem:
    When starting the engine cold the unit starts fine ( new battery from the dealer) and the rpms at idle run about 1800 and the unit sounds fine. On the first start I can give it some gas and the rpms jump and performance seems normal. After a few minutes the rpms begin to drop to around 1000 and the unit runs really rough. After the rpms drop off subsequent starts result in low rpms and stalling upon applying any gas whatsoever.

I have performed the following in order:

Replaced all the spark plugs - After replacing the spark plugs the unit ran great for about 20 minutes before the symptoms arising again ( unfortunately while about a 1/2 mile from home with my kids in a tube behind me). We made it home but I hads to continually restart the ski to get there and the idle was very rough at only about 1000 rpms.

Syphoned out all the old gas - Completely drained the tank and added 5 gallons of premium fuel to the ski. Starts fine but then bogs down after a few minutes of running. The gas I pulled out looked fine for the most part but there was some serious nasty at the very bottom of the tank. I got all of it out but still having the same problem after adding the new gas. I was able to run the unit for maybe 5 minutes at idle before the problem recurred.

Any thoughts on fuel lines or filters that may be clogged from the bad gas or anything else I might try to get this ski going? Also, is it possible to foul a plug that quickly as it seems like the same problem I had just prior to the new plugs.

Any help appreciated, I am really trying to avoid an expensive trip to the dealer at this point. I want to try everything I can before resulting to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

I have an 07 that ran great for about 5 min and now wont idle right and stumbles when I give it throttle. At times it clears and has full power. I can't seem to figure out whats going on. It only has 63 hours on it.

I would check or change the plugs again.

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

With the serious nasty crap you found in the tank I would remove and inspect the fuel filters attached to the fuel pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005 Sea-Doo Engine Service Manual.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	186025  

I pew pew lazors
    I agree on both posts. Check the new plugs for abnormal fouling and the fuel filter. When you winterized it did you add gas stabilizer?

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.

With the serious nasty crap you found in the tank I would remove and inspect the fuel filters attached to the fuel pump.
    + 1

Checked and checked

I checked the plugs again and they seem fine. No abnormal fouling they look clean and new. I would like to get to the fuel filter, any recommendations on getting in to that sucker? I can get to the bolts but getting around that large black tube is going to prevent me removing it. Is there a simple way to remove that black air vent to create better access to the fuel pump/filter? Its very strange, I start it and it runs at 1800 rpms for as long as 10 minutes before it starts to cough and spit and sound terrible, then the rpms drop off to about 1000 the shortly after drop until the unit stalls. I have two indentical units so I could part swap to detrmine the cause before ordering any potiential parts. I have had people mention the fuel pump and some type of fuel or idle relay/regulator.

Anyone with an easy way to get that fuel pump out so I can check the filter I would greatly appreciate. I did use fuel stabilizer before winterization but all the old gas it out now with fresh gas in. I usually fill the tanks before the winter with 100LL from my local airport and it gives me very little problem in the spring ( til this year).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.

Is there an easy way to get that pump out? There is a black air vent runs right overtop the fuel pump. Thanks

+1
    Also check you tank venting system.

Beerdart,

I got this filter out and its totally brown. I attached a few pics here to take a look. I figure regardless i will replace it since I went to the trouble to get it out From looking you think this might cause my problem?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	186592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filter1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	186593  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information