Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hellooo From a noobie!

Just wanted to get acquainted with all of you on here. I just recently purchased a 93 SL 750 and found this place while looking for information on it.

Where u from? Sandusky Ohio
    what kind of ski Sl 750
    what year 93
    what kind of engine Fuji
    how many hours on the meter? no meter
    how long did it sit 3 years+
    any new/modified parts on it Fuel filler neck, all gas lines
    recent tune-ups or rebuild working on it now
    general history of the ski if you know last owner had it 7 years winterized every fall sat last 3years in heated garage.
    price $400
    comes with trailer? yeah (crappy)
    live on water? ~1 mile
    did the ski run on saltwater or normal lake water? Lake water
    compression numbers? Didnt check yet
    does it run? kinda (see below)
    Pictures,videos? none yet
    mechanical knowledge? limited
    tools? I have a wrench or 2 :

So I allready ordered my triple fuel pump kit from John Zigler (great help!!) changed the plugs, checked oil, going to compression check today/tomorrow, going to rebuild carbs while they are out doing the new fuel pump.....
    I will admit I got a little carried away yesterday and tried starting it....it will run if starting fluid is used and run till its gone then it dies which is fine I just wanted to make sure that it CAN run before I started ordering stuff for it. I did notice that it isn't getting any fuel...I'm going to test the fuel shutoff after work but what should I check after that?
    Also the fuel gauge doesn't work, and I don't think the trim works either...should that move up/down without the engine running?

There are a few parts that I'm looking for if anyone has some they want to sell.

Battery box
    fuel level sender?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Did you change the fuel lines inside the fuel tank?

The fuel selector can be opened up and cleaned. Clean or replace the O-ring inside. Lightly grease, and reassemble.

Trim only moves when the engine is running, or the bilge button (if you have one) is held down.

You can check the fuel sender with an ohm-meter;
    33 ohms = full
    240 ohms = empty

You sure it is a 1993?
    The last two digits on the HIN number plate are the model year.

+1
    Welcome to the HULK

I think i have a fuel level sender I will check and get back tomorrow.
    If I have one you can have it just pay shipping.
    I will send you a PM if I do.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Shaggy.

As mentioned, check the fuel hoses inside the gas tank.

You should have the old arm type fuel sender. The wire tends to come undone. Check it out and see if you can repair yours.

Definately get the triple outlet fuel pump.

Make sure the autocock is removed if you still have it.

Replace your fuel hosses too. Checking to see if there's a restrictor (small brass slug with a tiny hole) inside the return hose just past the last carb.

The trim only works when the engine is running. If it still doesn't work, the motor may be frozen. They can also be repaired if it is. Noramlly just freeing it up and lubing it will bring it back to life.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy433 View Post
    Just wanted to get acquainted with all of you on here. I just recently purchased a 93 SL 750 and found this place while looking for information on it.

Where u from? Sandusky Ohio
    what kind of ski Sl 750
    what year 93
    what kind of engine Fuji
    how many hours on the meter? no meter
    how long did it sit 3 years+
    any new/modified parts on it Fuel filler neck, all gas lines
    recent tune-ups or rebuild working on it now
    general history of the ski if you know last owner had it 7 years winterized every fall sat last 3years in heated garage.
    price $400
    comes with trailer? yeah (crappy)
    live on water? ~1 mile
    did the ski run on saltwater or normal lake water? Lake water
    compression numbers? Didnt check yet
    does it run? kinda (see below)
    Pictures,videos? none yet
    mechanical knowledge? limited
    tools? I have a wrench or 2 :

So I allready ordered my triple fuel pump kit from John Zigler (great help!!) changed the plugs, checked oil, going to compression check today/tomorrow, going to rebuild carbs while they are out doing the new fuel pump.....
    I will admit I got a little carried away yesterday and tried starting it....it will run if starting fluid is used and run till its gone then it dies which is fine I just wanted to make sure that it CAN run before I started ordering stuff for it. I did notice that it isn't getting any fuel...I'm going to test the fuel shutoff after work but what should I check after that?
    Also the fuel gauge doesn't work, and I don't think the trim works either...should that move up/down without the engine running?

There are a few parts that I'm looking for if anyone has some they want to sell.

Battery box
    fuel level sender?
    Welcome to the Hulk shaggy. Im about 2.5 hrs away from your area. Congrats on the ski. they are fun..

Use beerdarts diagram for routing the fuel lines n such on the carbs. it works perfect. what kind of plugs ya running ngk 8's? thats what they should be..

Compression check, wide open throttle, all plugs out, short hose on gauge, check 3 times each clyinder 4 or 5 good fast turns with a charged battery. 120-125 is great 100 is ok but runnable and below 90 is rebuild time very soon.

Battery should be sealed AGM type and hold 10.6 volts UNDER load.

Check connections on battery for corrosion and the plate where it attaches..

Keep pulse line off of bottom side of engine short. under 12 inches.. mount the pump ABOVE the pulse line and low in the hull on a bulkhead.

Make sure you have the restrictor in the new return line. little brass piece, that builds your fuel pressure. it wont run without it.

Just ask if you need more help. read the other threads in K-447 signature. read for hours and learn about your ski and the do's and dont's. very informative.. Now get to work! lol Summers coming!

Thanks for using the Newbie list. That helps us help you!

Good deal for 4 hundred..

well good news and some bad....

I got the new fuel pump on Friday and installed it today, replaced all the fuel lines from inside the tank back(inside they were destroyed!) did a compression test and got 120-125-120 started right up so I decided to take it to the boat ramp and let it run for a little bit before taking it out on the lake, and glad I did!! So is there supposed to be a plug or something in the back of the hull, on the right side of the jet is? If not I have a problem! after about 5 minutes in the water the engine comp was full of water up just over the battery!
    I figure there is supposed to be a plug there but dont know...If there is where would I find another one? Part number that I can buy online or locally?

Took the fuel level sender out and the wire is snapped of of the bottom and the rest of it looks pretty bad too. Where can I find one of those?

Yeap ran the NGK 8s
    What do you do with the hose off the back/bottom of the autocock? I just have it plugged at the moment.
    I forgot to check the trim while it was running
    Last edited by Shaggy433; 05-02-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added stuff

+1
    Install a modern drain plug in the hull drain hole. The original was a simple rubber stopper.

You can buy a proper captive drain plug at any marine supply place. Use a Marine grade sealant between the flange and the hull.

PWC captive drain plug upgrades

Replace that old drain plug
    with a better design

John Zigler would probably have a replacement fuel sender, but he is out of town for this week. Peruse the Classifieds and eBay.

Sometimes you can clean up and repair the fuel sender.

+1
    well good news and some bad....

I got the new fuel pump on Friday and installed it today, replaced all the fuel lines from inside the tank back(inside they were destroyed!) did a compression test and got 120-125-120 started right up so I decided to take it to the boat ramp and let it run for a little bit before taking it out on the lake, and glad I did!! So is there supposed to be a plug or something in the back of the hull, on the right side of the jet is? If not I have a problem! after about 5 minutes in the water the engine comp was full of water up just over the battery!
    I figure there is supposed to be a plug there but dont know...If there is where would I find another one? Part number that I can buy online or locally?

Took the fuel level sender out and the wire is snapped of of the bottom and the rest of it looks pretty bad too. Where can I find one of those?

Yeap ran the NGK 8s
    What do you do with the hose off the back/bottom of the autocock? I just have it plugged at the moment.
    I forgot to check the trim while it was running

Ok, If you used Beerdarts diagram, the auto cock is not in the picture!. it shouldnt be part of the system anymore.. Any pictures of the fuel pump routing? Is the restrictor in the return line going back to the tank? The 8's are ok to use.. YOU for got the DRAIN PLUG? . Wont do that gain will ya?!

A fuel sender probably can be had in the classifieds on here or ebay..

Your compression numbers are great!. excellent!

Did you mount the pump? Where at? How long did you make the pulse line?

After you get a drain plug, watch for leaks from the fitting that connects to the hull too! Some spin on with a nut on the inside and it can get loose.

lol yeap forgot the plug..I saw that the two on the sides were there just didn't know about the one on the back! Oh well went to the boat store and bought a new one. they tried to charge me 105.95 for the first one in K447's reply but only 5.95 for the second one...which one do you think I got?? lol

I mounted the pump in the original location.

+1
    ...forgot the plug..

I saw that the two on the sides were there just didn't know about the one on the back!...
    There are no drain plugs on the sides of the hull.

There is a side drain fitting, which should remain open to allow drainage from under the steering console.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information