Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    It gets me to where i get wet :) 77highride's Avatar

Crankshaft HELP 750sl

I bought a drowned sl750 .. got it at a steal really ..ordered all the parts as well.. I have been wrenching bikes sleds and ski's for years .. Ok here is my problem .. It looks like the only guy in my area that did crank bearings is gone.. I need to replace all the bearings .. any ideas if this can be done without the jig and at home I have a press.. thanks all

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    What capacity hydraulic press do you have?

Have you rebuilt a press-fit crank shaft before?

No this is my first one... Thats why I'm stuck with what to do.. I have searched down to 60 miles of me and nobody does them so far so i'm stuck.. It's a 20 ton press for small block engines and tranny's

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

I'd send it out to be professionally done. You don't want to have a problem with your crank.

Since you got the ski for a steal, put a little $$ into the bottom end. After all, it's the heart of the engine.

So true.. I'm hoping to find someone in Seattle that does it but that's another days search on the web and calls... Looking into it further I don't think it's something I even want to attempt...Parts will all be in next week.. So maybe new paint on the ski this weekend...lol.. I have gone through everything thing else.. Just made the mistake of not ordering the oil injection pump cover...I saw in some of the other post about redoing the fuel pump and such..Whats the best recommendation for that as i can do all the carb work as well before it all goes together...I got the ski for 200 bucks.. so making the lower end solid should still put me ahead...Hoping this doesn't turn into a major summer project the GF will kill me

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Contact Randy at Watcon.com (he's in WA) and see who he knows for the crank. Or you can try Jeff at Midwest, or even Sharp's Marine on the east coast.

The Mikuni triple outlet fuel pump is the one that's highly recommended. Runs around $26 for one.

Also look into replacing all the fuel hoses (even inside the fuel tank if you have them) and the pulse hose. (about 20' of automotive 1/4" ID runs around $25) Go through your petcock, and make sure it's clear and doesn't have any restrictions. Be sure to reinstall the brass restrictor that's in the return fuel hose.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 77highride View Post
    ...made the mistake of not ordering the oil injection pump cover...

Whats the best recommendation for that...
    If the oil pump is in reasonable condition, just replace the oil hoses and filter. Make sure the clamps are good. Bleed the oil lines, and it should just work.

The Polaris oil pumps tend to be reliable. It is the hoses and such that fail, usually from age and lack of good maintenance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 77highride View Post
    No this is my first one... Thats why I'm stuck with what to do.. I have searched down to 60 miles of me and nobody does them so far so i'm stuck.. It's a 20 ton press for small block engines and tranny's
    Hello, you will need at least a 30 ton press to do the crank yourself. For $345 dollars shipped to your door you can have a new rebuilt crank from sbt, that includes all new rods and bearings. Because your ski in good running condition is not valued at a high dollar amount this would be your most economical route to get on the water. Mike

Hey all thanks for the great info and help... I'll check out the Crank places ASAP and the fuel pump will be a definite.. little confused on the oil pump though i have heard they are a major issue with this ski and better off just using mixed... I'd prefer keeping it though as my other ski's seem to be just fine and the extra 2 tanks of premixed will be a pain...lol already carrying 4 6's.. I have no problem though taking it out... It is a low end sale ski... Just some summer fun on the bay is all and go through them fast in the salt so building theses keeps us all wet during the summer

+1
    www.ShortBlocksRus.com has Polaris 750 cranks for 409.00 less the GreenHulk Discount of 10% makes it 368.00 and FREE RETURN SHIPPING
    And that is a Total Rebuild all new rods and bearings there dont just replace what is bad ITS ALL NEW STUFF

here is a link and use Discount code GreenHulk for the 10% off
    http://www.shortblocks-r-us.com/prod...&categoryId=99

I have used there cranks and engine for over 12 years now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information