Beaufort, SC

Help with my Tunnel.. is this oem???

Well i have the engine out of my 04 rxp. just got done redoing the gelcoat on the bottom. i noticed this entire area looks sketchy. is this normal looking for an 04? i did buy it used with about 15hrs on it.... again no spider cracks or any apparent damage on the outside of the hull.
    I am going to add some glass to this area. is it ok to take the silicone off and glass over that? I am assuming that is for the bolts on the intake grate?

I cannot say that it has or hasnt been messed with before you got it but it looks like it hasn't. I can tell you that I too own an 04 and the fiberglass in the same area on my boat doesnt look that good either.

Beaufort, SC
    ok, that makes me feel somewhat better... im still gonna reglass that place.

Nederland, Texas
    That last pic looks like something tried to come through the tunnel from the outside. How does the pump tunnel look on the outside?.......ok I see now were you said no damage on the outside.

Banned User
    to me it just looks like the fiberglass wasnt matted down very well when it was made...maybe it was made on a friday?? Seadoo is famous for leaving little finger cutters like that in the hulls! Thats one thing I love about my GPR!

Greece, Athens
    mine looks exactly the same and i won a 2003 gtx.

my question though is the following... those glues above the nuts is it necessary to be there ? because after washing my hull these have been removed and i see the bolts. should i do anything with them ?

Beaufort, SC
    the outside was fine. now the insides fine i put a few layers of the heavy weave and epoxied it all down... all smooth now... maybe she willnt sink now.. ahha

Thread Information