Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Removed blown Super Charger from RXT: Suggestions? *PICS*

Well I am looking into buying this 05 RXT with a blown SC. I talked my buddy who owns the ski to drop it off at the house and let me check it out before I buy it. First thing I did was make sure it would even run. The ski runs 51MPH on the Lie-o-meter and sounds good. Just has no ass! Got to the house, drained the oil, Pulled the filter (shavings of cermaic washers all in it). Went ahead and pulled the charger and said WOW . The intake pipes are coated with a Oily Grey film, and the shaft has some play in it. You can see where the Tubine wheel has been rubbing the inner intake housing. I think its missing a few of the ball bearings, when I spin the shaft a couple come up out of the race. Its a little boogered up also ( See pics). I looked thru the SC hole with a mirror and I can see a few places where the block seems to be nicked. Maybe Im wrong?? (See pics) This thing has good compression and runs just fine. Im worried about some ball bearings maybe being somewhere down in the case. If I buy this from him, I will send the charger off to get rebuilt. I Hear green hulk is the Man to do the job on these SC's! Hopefully he can save it ? What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake pipes.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	185665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oil Filter.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.67 MB 
ID:	185666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tubine wheel.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	185667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC SHAft.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	185668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC hole 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	185669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC hole 3.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	185670  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Junk... RUN, RUN FAST ... that charger is missing the gear, needle bearings... everything

Unless you can get it dirt cheap, and plan for a engine rebuild, along with a new complete charger. Didn't you have another thread saying that this same engine has digested like 3 sets of ceramic washers ... again... run Forrest... run

+1
    that motor is JUNK.....Like bigdaddyRXP said RUN, RUN FAST....

+1
    Yea man, that supercharger TOASTED that engine, you are sitting on a time bomb just having Jerry rebuild your charger. WOW!

Seriously, run if you can't get it for a grand or two at the most...

SBT engines are like 2300 bucks, plus shipping both ways... a new charger is 700 bucks... that's not including any other things like you should add such as a groco strainer, probably change the coolant, gaskets, and I'm sure some other odds and ends. That's with your time and energy to get everything lined up.

I just pulled my neighbors charger and sent it to Jerry to get it rebuilt, I think he was nervous about me doing it, but I'm going to save him well over 800 bucks on what the stealership was going to do.

I bet that motor is full of shavings and trash...

I'm adding a groco strainer and changing the coolant on both ski's...

My stealership wanted 1260 bucks for... without tax
    280 a ski for oil, filter and plug change, coolant inspection. X2

He's got an 06 GTX 215 and an 06 GTI

700 bucks for a supercharger "upgrade" with titanium washers... (is there such a thing?)

Actually I am a prince from Nigeria and need you bank account number to transfer millions of dollars to help me get my fortune into the United States...

Banned User
    +1
    whats your plan now that make 3 threads and at least 4 people telling you to "run away from the ski as fast as you can, keep your money in your wallet where no one can see it"

Thanks for the Input guys! Ive never had one of these 4tecs apart so thats exatly what I was looking for in replys. So your telling me not only did the ceramic washers fail, but this thing ate the whole gear that drives the SC? LOL I guess thats what hapens when you ride it for hours after the SC Washers Failing. Whats REALLY odd is that it shows no signs of having internal damage. No Knocks,ticks,etc. Looking over this ski, the guage cluster is trashed, the hood has a few broken pieces where it was ran into the trailer loading it, it needs wet sanded/buffed etc. Im thinking about offering 800.00 for it. Now the question, Being that Im just going to fix this ski and sell it, I want to have as little amount of $$ in it as I can. Do you guys think this engine could be saved it I took it all apart, flushed it of all the debris, installed new oil pumps/ replaced covers as necessary etc? Or Should I say the hell with it and drop a new SBT short block in it? I am only 1 hr from SBT so the shipping would not be an issue. I would like to keep this project as cheap as possible here . He has a 05 Seadoo 3-d on the other side of the trailer that is not working also. He said it shut off while riding. I was thinking maybe I could repair that for him for a credit toward this junk RXT. Who knows
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXT hood.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	185690  

+1
    how many hrs? might even need pump prop work as he clearly didnt look after it. thoughs skis sell for about $4500 now IMO not worth it.

+1
    If the cluster is trashed I think those are stupid expensive, and if your trying to turn a buck, problems. If you could get both for 1g to 1500 bucks and part out the awsome 3-d and put that money towards the RTX then maybe that would be ok. The fact the ski is still running...wow, turn it into sbt NOW, before something bad happens like valves and pistons trashing or the ultra cool rod through the block. Especially since you are an hour away, that's a no brainer.

Sounds like a lot of work, but if you could get it cheap enough then maybe... Clear title and all that nonsence? Currently registered? Battery up to par? all things to think about.

If you are going to buy it, don't start it again till it's rebuilt.

Sell the low cost man, send your local stealership/shop a rundown of what you need, laugh and pass it on to your buddy.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ktyamaha36 View Post
    Thanks for the Input guys! Ive never had one of these 4tecs apart so thats exatly what I was looking for in replys. So your telling me not only did the ceramic washers fail, but this thing ate the whole gear that drives the SC? Along with 40 needle bearings... plus some of the SC shaft bearings. LOL I guess thats what hapens when you ride it for hours after the SC Washers Failing. Whats REALLY odd is that it shows no signs of having internal damage. No Knocks,ticks,etc. Looking over this ski, the guage cluster is trashed, the hood has a few broken pieces where it was ran into the trailer loading it, it needs wet sanded/buffed etc. Im thinking about offering 800.00 for it. Now the question, Being that Im just going to fix this ski and sell it, I want to have as little amount of $$ in it as I can. Do you guys think this engine could be saved it I took it all apart, flushed it of all the debris, installed new oil pumps/ replaced covers as necessary etc? Or Should I say the hell with it and drop a new SBT short block in it? I am only 1 hr from SBT so the shipping would not be an issue. That should be the least of your worries with an SBT motor. I would like to keep this project as cheap as possible here . He has a 05 Seadoo 3-d on the other side of the trailer that is not working also. He said it shut off while riding. I was thinking maybe I could repair that for him for a credit toward this junk RXT. Who knows
    IMO... this project seems like a huge waste of time & money with the condition that the ski is in... and it's history. It's your call at this point... as you will continue to get the same replies on here... RUN

Mike H whats your plan now that make 3 threads and at least 4 people telling you to "run away from the ski as fast as you can, keep your money in your wallet where no one can see it"
    My Plan is to get all the information I can about what I am looking at to get this ski going. Of course people would say run assuming I would be buying this for 2-3k +!! If you had the opportunity to pick this project up for around 1k or less wouldn't you want to do your research on what kind of job its going to be to get it up and running again from people who know their stuff on these 4tecs? That's what the forums are for! If you didnt have any positive input or words of wisdom why waste your time replying to a thread?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information