Any SC reinstall tips for an 04 RXP?

Ok so I searched the forum for SC reinstall tips but didn't really find much. I just got my SC back from Jerry and I gotta say his turn time was awesome!! Now it's time to reinstall I guess my only questio is, Is there any trick to matching up the gears or how to know if it is ( or not) seated in place? Any other tips would be awesome too

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robby212 View Post
    Ok so I searched the forum for SC reinstall tips but didn't really find much. I just got my SC back from Jerry and I gotta say his turn time was awesome!! Now it's time to reinstall I guess my only questio is, Is there any trick to matching up the gears or how to know if it is ( or not) seated in place? Any other tips would be awesome too

thanks
    For starters, I'm assuming you read the "How To" for removing the SC by Sean Coleman, found here: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

I believe this was originally written for the '05 P, but it worked the exact same on my '06 Ts. Nothing special about the reinstall - just work in reverse. When you go to slip the SC back in, you may have turn the shaft from the blades on the outside of the housing so the gear teeth match up inside. Then just push/shimmy it in flush, and bolt on. Other than that, I'd say take care to make sure all your hose clamps are snug.

I pew pew lazors
    Also wouldn't hurt to add a little bit of marine grade anti-seize grease to the base of the shaft.

when you insert the SC you can move the blade with your fingers to allow the gears to line up and it will slip right in. just dont cut your fingers

I just dab some oil on the O rings and slide her in slowly turning it in a little at at time. If it doesnt sit all the way in then stick a finger thru the front intake of it and turn the blade a little this should help align the splines. Be carefull not to drop the 3 bolts as they are a pita to reach for under the engine and I add a dab of anti seize to the 3 bolts before install. Do not over torque them as I have seen them snap before, just put nicely snug. Good luck

Thanks for all the info. I did read that how to remove and it was awesome it really helped out. Sounds like it's gonna be an easy install I wasn't sure if there were any weird things that come up during install

I got the SC back in the ski took about an hour and it went in easy. started it up an sounds great, the real test will happen tomorrow when I put it in the drink. Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information