Thread: What to buy?

Question What to buy?

I posted this over in general BS'ing but feel I will get a better response over here.

He guys, I have a buyer ligned up to buy my Polaris SL700 and want to buy something newer/more reliable. My budget is $5000 and I want to find a good deal on a lightly used ski (Im in Ohio). I came across this: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/boa/1712129033.html

I like Hondas history but know very little about their watercraft. I also love the idea of turbo. The main thing I want to avoid is sinking money into it after I buy it. I lost my butt on my Polaris and want something rock solid that I wont have to worry about. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I also heard Honda is discontinuing PWC's, is this true? I also found the NADA value on this ski to be $4900 on the high side, what do you feel this ski is really worth?

I have 2 Hondas and love them both. Both are turbos. There not the fastest but are very reliable. Get great gas millage as long as you don't stay in the turbo a lot. The F has lots of storage and the R is really fun to cut up on. If top end speed is all that matters then get something else. If you buy used check the turbo for rust. It needs to be kept well sprayed with crc-656. Do a test ride and check to see if the turbo is operating at full throttle. It as verry expensive to replace. 2-3 grand. I have hundreds of hours on mine with no problems. Go to PWC Today forum and do a check on there honda site. hope this helps

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 03stage2 View Post
    I posted this over in general BS'ing but feel I will get a better response over here.

He guys, I have a buyer ligned up to buy my Polaris SL700 and want to buy something newer/more reliable. My budget is $5000 and I want to find a good deal on a lightly used ski (Im in Ohio). I came across this: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/boa/1712129033.html

I like Hondas history but know very little about their watercraft. I also love the idea of turbo. The main thing I want to avoid is sinking money into it after I buy it. I lost my butt on my Polaris and want something rock solid that I wont have to worry about. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I also heard Honda is discontinuing PWC's, is this true? I also found the NADA value on this ski to be $4900 on the high side, what do you feel this ski is really worth?

I can sell you mine....but its fully modified for what you have for a budget

Mine is for sale as well. 2003 R12x with 330 hours

Stage II Macsboost
    Exhaust
    Custom mounted ProTaper Bars
    Hydroturf
    Worx Sponsons
    R&D Intake Grate
    Solas 17/29 Stainless Impeller

I am buying a bass boat so I need the room in my garage.

Thread Information