Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    MADRUI madrui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    portugal-algarve
    Posts
    125

    Cool another supercharger stuck

    today i went to take my ultra from the shop to put it on the water and the ingine didnt start.
    first i thinked it was the batery,i change it and still does start i noticed that the new batery was like the old one so i try to change the plugs and still nothing that was when i start to look to the couplers from the impeler and they spin but the pulleys were not spinning.conclusion supercharger was stuck.after i start to take of the supercharger and one of the supports was broken.i would like to know what stupid man put steel pulleys and screws on a jetski because they were all rusty and im a really carefull guy.the guys from kawasaki was a litlle stupid whit this kind of things.the supercharger should have more lubrificancion on the lobbes since its made for the salty water.i love my ultra but kawasaki failed in this things.
    just my thoughts.


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    bit tough blaming kawasaki there is a service procedure for the s/c lots of threads on here and its all in the manual

    Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    today i went to take my ultra from the shop to put it on the water and the ingine didnt start.
    first i thinked it was the batery,i change it and still does start i noticed that the new batery was like the old one so i try to change the plugs and still nothing that was when i start to look to the couplers from the impeler and they spin but the pulleys were not spinning.conclusion supercharger was stuck.after i start to take of the supercharger and one of the supports was broken.i would like to know what stupid man put steel pulleys and screws on a jetski because they were all rusty and im a really carefull guy.the guys from kawasaki was a litlle stupid whit this kind of things.the supercharger should have more lubrificancion on the lobbes since its made for the salty water.i love my ultra but kawasaki failed in this things.
    just my thoughts.

  3. #3
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    anyone have a link to the s/c service procedure

  4. #4
    MADRUI madrui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    portugal-algarve
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    anyone have a link to the s/c service procedure
    i have done all the procedure but here i dont ride lakes here i only ride salt water.and more why doesnt the screws made from stainless steel and the pulleys?everything was rusty. like i said before i love my ultra but they failed in thys things.like the screws from the spark plugs that i had to put new ones and that defected materials.were is not like in the us here if i have a problem i have to pay for everything other wise i have to wait like 6 months to solve the problems.

  5. #5
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    bit tough blaming kawasaki there is a service procedure for the s/c lots of threads on here and its all in the manual
    Even if there is a service procedure kawasaki haven't think to much of placing steel pulley and parts where you cannot put any lube. When you buy a brand new ski and you need to remove parts(pulley cover) just to wash your bilge, that is not what i call good ingenering.Don't forget that 95% of ultra user don't know they need to remove the belt cover and without removing it, there is no way to wash the bilge correctlly so it reach the pulleys. Correct me if i'm wrong but nowhere in the user or service manual it say you need to remove the belt cover after each ride to wash you bilge, friends of mind owns Sea-doo's and Yamaha for years and they never had to removed parts to just wash their bilge

  6. #6
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    i have done all the procedure but here i dont ride lakes here i only ride salt water.and more why doesnt the screws made from stainless steel and the pulleys?everything was rusty. like i said before i love my ultra but they failed in thys things.like the screws from the spark plugs that i had to put new ones and that defected materials.were is not like in the us here if i have a problem i have to pay for everything other wise i have to wait like 6 months to solve the problems.
    You say everything is rusty well the you wont like my next comments then
    IT YOUR FAULT TOTALLY
    So I wouldnt be saying Kawi faild when to be truthfull you failed ski !!

    my ski is coming up on 3 years old soon
    98% saltwater riding on a 07 model

    and I have NO rust or corrosion on anything,

    It tell me that you ARE NOT cleaning and maintaining your ski anywhere near good enough!!!!!!!!


    Do you have a OCMS style mod on the catch can ??

    and for anyone that frequents this site to say they dont know how to clean it correctly is just a handball of the blame its all been posted here, including tell all new owner to remove the belt cover to assist in cleaning

    my owners manual on my FXHO didnt tell me to remove and lube under the airbox to stop corrosion building up on the coils, its just part of a detailed cleaning and if I didnt then they would have rusted worse then they did before I found them rusting at 1st plug change
    Waz

  7. #7
    MADRUI madrui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    portugal-algarve
    Posts
    125
    so you are saying that i have to buy ocms an aftermarket part to have my jetsky at 100%? sorry but i have to say that you are making silly coments.when i buy someting im not thinking of buying aftermarket parts to have it wright. you have your jetski whit tree years and i make 120 hours in one summer thats not the issue the issue is that i make my maintenence and now i have a broken supercharger support and more things.if i want to have problems i would buy a racing ultra not a stock one dont you think. just my ideia

  8. #8
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    so you are saying that i have to buy ocms an aftermarket part to have my jetsky at 100%? sorry but i have to say that you are making silly coments.when i buy someting im not thinking of buying aftermarket parts to have it wright. you have your jetski whit tree years and i make 120 hours in one summer thats not the issue the issue is that i make my maintenence and now i have a broken supercharger support and more things.if i want to have problems i would buy a racing ultra not a stock one dont you think. just my ideia
    the issue is you dont wash your ski correctly!!!!!!!!
    I only asked if you had a OCMS !!! did I say u needed it ....NO

    Silly comments you say, If you have a broken S/C mount then its a Kawi problem I agree.

    but when you come on here saying its a Kawi problem that your ski has rusted and correded.......Well sorry its not and thats the facts
    and you say I make silly comments......

    I am finished trying to help you enjoy your broken ski........

  9. #9
    MADRUI madrui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    portugal-algarve
    Posts
    125
    ok next time i will tell to the guy that sells me a jetski that i want im to take all the screws and put it on stainless stell because kawasaki put them of stell.im the one that have to be the ingineer.thanks for the comments
    ps- you always have some good coments to everyone

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by madrui View Post
    ok next time i will tell to the guy that sells me a jetski that i want im to take all the screws and put it on stainless stell because kawasaki put them of stell.im the one that have to be the ingineer.thanks for the comments
    ps- you always have some good coments to everyone
    Yes Madrui, a humble man learns more by reading and listening then by talking and writing. Now you know that people here are trying to help you. I have over 100 hours on my Ultra in salt water and it is every bit as corrosion free as Sir Breaksalot boat I am sure. Too bad Australia is 14,000 miles away; would love to see his boat. . .

    There is nothing wrong with the external metals KAW is using. If you are in salt walter; the trick is to use salt away or dishwashing soap on ALL INTERIOR METAL PARTS INSIDE THE HULL aft of where that little pink nipple is hanging off the bottom of the air box. And then you get all of the water out of the inside of the hull. NOT ONE DROP OF WATER LEFT IN THE HULL! You do this and you don't have to use any "sprays" on anything inside the hull. When done riding in salt water, I spend about 1 full hour on the boat. Some would say this is an OCD disorder. I call it good seamanship. You can all take your pick! jb

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SUPERCHARGER STUCK???08 KAWI ULTRA 250x
    By Redmonster84 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 11-24-2017, 07:25 AM
  2. Another SUPERCHARGER STUCK/ advice
    By mike200ss in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 09:40 AM
  3. Another supercharger rebuild, and washer question.
    By sn-95 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 07:47 AM
  4. Another supercharger failure to share with you guys
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM
  5. another supercharger bites the dust, maybe
    By DSmith1178 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •