Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stock RXP-X Vs. Modded RXP?

Hey guys,
    I have a couple friends that have RXP-X's and a few that have stock RXP's. I was wondering what would be better to buy a stock rxp-x or a stock rxp and modd it completly.

If you mod an RXP would it outperform the RXP-x at lower speeds and handling?

Also, I notice you buy the stage 3 kit from Riva for the RXP but they only have a stage 1 for the rxp-x why is that?

Thanks!

+1
    Only a stg1 for RXPX because they are sgt2+ stock. A few simple bolt ons and you can be at 75.
    If I had to chose between the 2, I would pick the RXPX......and I did.

From what I have been reading the RXP-x has trouble going faster then 77mph because of an overstuffing issue so even if I bought the rxp-x would it not be dangerous to try and go over 77??

http://rivaforums.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/9931075345

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Only a stg1 for RXPX because they are sgt2+ stock. A few simple bolt ons and you can be at 75.
    If I had to chose between the 2, I would pick the RXPX......and I did.

Yes it would be, there is a very expensive relief valve out there to get you past that speed without overstuffing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stickshift69 View Post
    Yes it would be, there is a very expensive relief valve out there to get you past that speed without overstuffing.
    There is no cut off point. Each ski is different. I have been 77.

Guess you just keep modding till your pump says no more then!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
    From what I have been reading the RXP-x has trouble going faster then 77mph because of an overstuffing issue so even if I bought the rxp-x would it not be dangerous to try and go over 77??

http://rivaforums.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/9931075345
    Yeah, If I was you, I wouldn't bother building a PX. They have trouble going over 77MPH.

A PX will kick a P in holeshot and handling and can be made to go as fast on topend, too. You just need to find the right guy to put it together for you.JMO

Sorry, I misread your first post. A STOCK PX against a Stage3 RXP. The PX will holeshot the RXP and than lose on topend.

+1
    If you want over 80mph you should go with a stock rxp 215 the tunnel is different and does not have as many overstuffing problems as the X and I think the pump relief kit is over 1k someone correct me if I'm wrong, with the price difference between the two you could pay for some small mods to beat a stock X ski I beat plenty X's when my rxp was only a stage 1 more people go with rxp's when building top speed skis Riva doesn't have a stage 2 or 3 for the rxp-x because they cannot resolve the overstuffing issue Bruce is still working on the stage two but my guys at riva tell me the stage 2 kits gunna be around 80+mph what's keeping them from releasing It is safety issue hope this helps you with your question

+1
    If your goal is topspeed and want to go over 80mph stick with the 215 an mod it. The pump relief kit for the X is i think $1200 and not everyone can buy it, i guess JD1 picks and chooses who can buy the kit

RIva's coming out with a kit for less money that will address the overstuff problem, with some other bennies..

I bet they'll sell it to anyone....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information