+1

Mikuni carbs high speed adjuster question

These carbs came off a 787 and I have never seen a high speed adjuster like this. Its like a stop of some sort. Any one know if this is stock? I looked up the specs for these carbs and stock setup is 0 turns out with a tamper cap. This dosent look like a tamper cap to me (used to gp1200r tamper caps). Is this is the factory sea doo tamper cap? If so I can remove it right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1102.JPG 
Views:	744 
Size:	490.4 KB 
ID:	185773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1101.JPG 
Views:	258 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	185774  

I'm going to fire off a guess and say that is the MAG carb from a 97 XP. On my 97 XP 787, the MAG carb HS adjuster looks just like that and the PTO HS adjuster has a cap on it. It might be becuase the 97 XP was jetted more in the PTO than the MAG. I have a set of 96 GSX carbs an they both had tamper caps. You can adjust that one by just turning it with a screw driver.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know how to get the tamper caps off? Do they just pop off or is there a special technique?

+1
    The MAG and PTO had these. If its a brass tamper cap I drilled them, tapped them and pulled them out with a screw. Got the how to from the yamaha gp1200r sticky. This is a 97 XP 787 that some idiot was working on so I kinda don't know what to expect.

+1
    The plastic limit caps just pull off with a pair of needle-nose.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    The plastic limit caps just pull off with a pair of needle-nose.
    Ok so they are stock. Thats cool I'll rip em off and turn them out a half turn thanx!!

Krunch,

The pics that are posted at the top, those aren't the plastic caps, right? I thought the plastic caps had a little "stem" coming off of one side of them.

Quote Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
    These carbs came off a 787 and I have never seen a high speed adjuster like this. Its like a stop of some sort. Any one know if this is stock? I looked up the specs for these carbs and stock setup is 0 turns out with a tamper cap. This dosent look like a tamper cap to me (used to gp1200r tamper caps). Is this is the factory sea doo tamper cap? If so I can remove it right?
    My high speeds looked the same, except they were bronze. Yes, stock set up on these should be at ZERO. Really no need to adjust these unless you rejet or put on FA's, or if you like to fine tune. If that is the case, you can pick up a pair of high speed screws with T-handles on them for like 8 bucks each or something like that...comes in handy when searching for them blindly...

I have these on my 787 also. From what read i was pretty sure these caps were used for adjustment. Correct me if i am wrong, but for the high speed don't you just turn the cap all the way in? Or do you have to remove that cap and then turn it all the way in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers87 View Post
    I have these on my 787 also. From what read i was pretty sure these caps were used for adjustment. Correct me if i am wrong, but for the high speed don't you just turn the cap all the way in? Or do you have to remove that cap and then turn it all the way in?
    No, you have to pull the cap off. When people post # of turns it's out from fully seated.

oh ok thanks for clearing it up! so basically on a 787 you pull the cap off, turn in all the way in, then put the cap back on for the highspeed screw?

Thread Information