Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03 40tec plastic pumps, let's push Bombardier!

I just got off the phone with Bombardier Customer Service. I have an 03 GTX SC with a really worn wear ring (50 hours on the ski) and Seadoo knows about the problem. Just one of us gets a tough luck out of customer service when asking why they don't have a recall of this inferior item on our skis. I'd like to start a campaign on this net and the other Seadoo forums out there and once we get a large number of folks responding and talking about this problem to ask management at Bombardier to look at the issue. If they refuse or don't take action, let's start sending the link to the forums to Seadoo's competitor dealers and let them post that to make people think twice about buying a product the manufacturer will not stand behind. I'm sure many Kawasaki and such dealers would love to post a bunch of dissatified comments on Seadoo on their shop bulletin boards for all to see. I think together we have enough horsepower to make BRP listen and hopefully respond to our concerns. This is a grass roots effort, but it may make the big guy take notice! Let me know what you think and how this problem has affected you. Thanks for your help! Mike

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I don't understand, its a wear ring, it's suspose to wear out. 50 hours, depending on your water quality, sounds about right. This is like complaining because tires on your car wear out.

It's a well known weak point on the 03 SC's

I understand they wear out, but not at the rate the owners of these skis are experiencing. They changed the plastic pump for a metal one in future models. Apparently they did it on warranty for those that complained loud enough early on. BRP knows it's a bad design and they won't stand behind it. Check out some of the other threads on this subject, which is where I learned about it. I just bought this ski. Thanks, Mike

You aren't going to get very far on this issue, not when your doo has had no problems for 3 years.

I know the plastic pumps are junk, but one worn wear ring isn't going to force any one to do anything
    Last edited by Lurker; 09-18-2006 at 05:27 PM.

I guess some are wearing out at seven or eight hours

I guess some are wearing out at seven or eight hours. You'd probably be unhappy if your tire wore out at 1000 miles....

I understand where you are comming from, but not all plastic pumps had problems. If you got 50hrs out of a wear ring then I'd say you have a good pump. Now if you were getting 5 hours on a stock doo with the plastic pump, then I'd complain. Also there is a specific wear pattern that points directly to pump flex.

Ive got over 52hours on my original wear ring. Have lost no RPM. Running 71+mph with my current setup. Im changing it for next year though. I do have an RXP though.

skikodiak: do yourself a big favor and buy a metal pump... you should be able to find one in the classifieds...def worth it. I myself have a skat modded pump, triple bearing, oil fill and stainless wear ring...PR...

Trying to get BRP to replace something "in" warranty is hard enough do yourself a favor just replace it with a metal one like PR said . I went through the same thing and they really don't give a **** about your problem with your 3 year old ski . sorry to say !!

+1
    Mine WAS upgraded to a metal pump under warrantee(at about 25 hrs)....unless you have an extended warrantee,you'll probably have to pay for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information