Question no spark 1994 kawi 750

i have this 1994 kawasaki st 750 that has only been a pain. about 2 1/2 years ago i had the ignition coil, cdi box, and stator replaced because i was getting a faulty spark. after those problems where fixed it ran great for most of a summer till the pump wouldnt hook up enough to get the damn thing to plain which sucked cuz i had that fixed too when i replaced the electronics. anyways the ski was sitting for a lil more than a year and i just pulled it out to get it going again. i checked to see if the thing was still getting spark with some new spark plugs by plugging them into the socket and resting them on a non metal object and turning it over. never the less theres was no spark between the gap with either plugs. at one time i saw a spark as soon as i tried turning it on but that was it. i dont know what could have possibly gone wrong. the only thing i can think of that would have hurt the electrical system would have been jumping it with a car ounce which i had no clue was not ok, but it ran fine after jumping it. the fuse in the electrical box was still good and there was no moisture in there either. also thought the safety switch might have gone bad but switched it up with an extra and no change. ive dumped so much money into this thing that im going DIY! does anyone have any idea what electrical component would just stop working to give no spark??? please help

+1
    What is the condition of the battery? Turning over with plugs out is easy. need 10.5V while cranking or more to create spark.

Could have damaged the stator again

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by merolamagoo View Post
    i have this 1994 kawasaki st 750 that has only been a pain. about 2 1/2 years ago i had the ignition coil, cdi box, and stator replaced because i was getting a faulty spark. after those problems where fixed it ran great for most of a summer till the pump wouldnt hook up enough to get the damn thing to plain which sucked cuz i had that fixed too when i replaced the electronics. anyways the ski was sitting for a lil more than a year and i just pulled it out to get it going again. i checked to see if the thing was still getting spark with some new spark plugs by plugging them into the socket and resting them on a non metal object and turning it over. never the less theres was no spark between the gap with either plugs. at one time i saw a spark as soon as i tried turning it on but that was it. i dont know what could have possibly gone wrong. the only thing i can think of that would have hurt the electrical system would have been jumping it with a car ounce which i had no clue was not ok, but it ran fine after jumping it. the fuse in the electrical box was still good and there was no moisture in there either. also thought the safety switch might have gone bad but switched it up with an extra and no change. ive dumped so much money into this thing that im going DIY! does anyone have any idea what electrical component would just stop working to give no spark??? please help

+1
    Also, learn from me. I trouble shot a 650SS for 2 days with no spark. Figured out i forgot to put the lanyard on the switch

Thread Information