Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help GPR wont go over 30 mph

Ok here we go I bought this GP1300 with a rod through the cases. I got new cases new crankshaft sent off the cylinders and replaced pistons. while i was in there I put in the riva valves D plate and 3 deg keyway. Now it cranks up on the trailer idles fine and rev's up fine and you can see the gas valves working. The red adjusters are flush at the caps. When I put it in the water for about 3 min all the time I had tonight It would bog not reving over maybe 3-4k and slowly get to 30mph. Now when I got home I took the plugs out all cylinders have spark and all have about 120 compression. The servo motor is pluged in and the check engine light IS on. The boat has 42hrs on the dash.
    Thanks in advance Guys!!!!
    Last edited by slydogge; 05-31-2010 at 08:56 PM.

oh THANKS!! just went outside to check got a code 15 engine temp sensor. does it maybe retard the holy crap out of the timing?

well just found out how much a new one is.... anyone got a used one they want to sell?

+1
    ck ur pm

Ok going tonight to do some adjusting of the power valves Ill be back to post results!

ok just got back from the water. adjusted the valves all the way in and out and no difference. The engine still feels as if it has 25 hp. took the plugs out and all three of them where almost black so clearly there is not a bad injector.

got compression
    got spark
    got fuel

and it feels like I got about 25 hp!

Has to be blocked exhaust or intake or maybe a timing proublem hope u can sort it

Thanks! I am good friends with the service manager at the dealership I work at and he is going to take home the yamaha service disk and cable so I can run some tests on it over the weekend. Ill post the findings. Hopefully I can answer my own problem and if someone else searches for this down the road it will be helpful!

oh and on the intake I am running the RIVA plenum filter. and the exhaust I just cleaned and put the d plate in. I took the whole exhaust out when the engine was out to do the pump tunnel mod and I did not see anything in the exhaust. Im thinking maybe something is triggering the computer to go into a "limp" mode. Or maybe I have no fuel pressure im going to check that over the weekend too! The plugs are very dark so clearly I am geting some fuel just dont know if its enough.

UPDATE 5/1 Linked the ECM to my laptop via YDS service. Performed KOER tests, *drop cylinder one test PASS *drop cylinder 3 PASS *drop cylinder 2 test FAIL. Performed KOEO tests on cylinder two to narrow down the problem. Cylinder two coil PASS. Cylinder two injector FAIL. Ran a data stream and looks good except for ignition timing is retarded a bit from the bad cylinder temp sensor but I already knew that. $200 for a new #2 injector.... anyone have a used one? I got to sell some stuff at work or im gonna go broke!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information