Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Lets Talk Ride Plates FZR/S

Ok guys lets talk about ride plates that are on the market for the FZR lets keep this real with out trashing a brand or moder.

What where people findings with there plate choice positive feedback is what we want and maybe this will help new guys make the right choice for there riding conditions.

Plates on the market
    Stock FZR
    R&D
    RIVA
    WORX
    VX Ride
    JD 1 Modded Plate
    Jims Modded Plate
    Island Racing Plate

The only plates i tested with are WORX, VX and FZR

WORX Plate
    Hands down the WORX plate is for racing and ruff water riding but be prepared it kills speeds but hooks up is awesome turns really nice without spinning out.

FZR OEM Plate
    FZR plate handles well for a all round conditions plate does nt to anything great but does the job handles well it has not bad top speed turn ok does tend to slide around a CC track causing spin outs.

VX Plate
    Faster than the FZR plate by 1 to 2mph depending if you shim the plate or just bolt it straight up does not like the ruff condition great flat water plate turns well.

Hope others can post there reviews on the rest of the plates we know the R&D plate is fast as well but does not like the ruff stuff would be great to here from Jim, JD 1 or Carl about there modded plates or customers with there plates.
    Last edited by Mik72e; 05-04-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Didn't know jim perfected an FZ plate. Only FX that I knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Ok guys lets talk about ride plates that are on the market for the FZR lets keep this real with out trashing a brand or moder.

What where people findings with there plate choice positive feedback is what we want and maybe this will help new guys make the right choice for there riding conditions.

Plates on the market
    Stock FZR
    R&D
    RIVA
    WORX
    VX Ride
    JD 1 Modded Plate
    Jims Modded Plate

The only plates i tested with are WORX, VX and FZR

WORX Plate
    Hands down the WORX plate is for racing and ruff water riding but be prepared it kills speeds but hooks up is awesome turns really nice without spinning out.

FZR OEM Plate
    FZR plate handles well for a all round conditions plate does nt to anything great but does the job handles well it has not bad top speed turn ok does tend to slide around a CC track causing spin outs.

VX Plate
    Faster than the FZR plate by 1 to 2mph depending if you shim the plate or just bolt it straight up does not like the ruff condition great flat water plate turns well.

Hope others can post there reviews on the rest of the plates we know the R&D plate is fast as well but does not like the ruff stuff would be great to here from Jim or JD 1 about there modded plates or customers with there plates.

+1
    Guys there has to be someone that can report on there ride plate

i had the stock, vx, and now the r&d, i ride in choppy water and i think the r&d has the best hook up and ride to it but like i said a million times before that is just what i think.

I think what you are asking is kind of a loaded question as it really depends on what each individual rider wants to see in performance. I know when I removed the supports (some call them factory shims)to my FZR OEM and added a very thin washer, my current R & D plate feels a lot like that....a little lose but good for top end speed. I am tempted to take the R & D plate off, put on the FZR OEM without the supports, with a thin washer and test out for top speed. Only thing is that my mechanic stuck them on with some adhesive so I may not be able to do that.
    My fastest speed has been 78.3 and I want to get to 80 but don't quite know how to get there with my current setup.

WORX is awesome for rough water and turning around a CC track and top-speed isn't so bad with my current setup but it could be A LOT better with an R&D plate.

Haven't seen the WORX 313 grate in the states yet. The riva looks promising, despite what they say the R&D seems a bit more top end rather than rough water handling in focus (which is not a bad thing).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tadam View Post
    I think what you are asking is kind of a loaded question as it really depends on what each individual rider wants to see in performance. I know when I removed the supports (some call them factory shims)to my FZR OEM and added a very thin washer, my current R & D plate feels a lot like that....a little lose but good for top end speed. I am tempted to take the R & D plate off, put on the FZR OEM without the supports, with a thin washer and test out for top speed. Only thing is that my mechanic stuck them on with some adhesive so I may not be able to do that.
    My fastest speed has been 78.3 and I want to get to 80 but don't quite know how to get there with my current setup.
    What are your RPM's?
    I found that the R&D rideplate is "fastest" with no shims with your set-up. Yes, it is a little loose, and different than having two shims in....but it is fastest (for me).
    I tried the VX plate with my set-up and couldn't get past 78+ . With trim all the way up with the R&D plate and no shims....82.9 @ 8540 RPM's This was tested back to back in the same hour.
    I did ride a few weeks ago at an elevation of 1600 ft and could only manage 78.1 with RPM's at 8220....with the exact R&D set-up with which I got 82.9.
    I am attributing this to the elevation and barometric pressure.

Kinda makes me wish I got the R+D now????? I wonder if Jim has a mod for the VX plate yet???

Shredmaster plate soon will release.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information