15F Wedge? Ride plate?

I recently added a UMI steering system to my 15F and because of the more forward riding position, my nose it plowing pretty bad- even if I lean back. If I top off my tank then I have waves coming over my hood until I get on plane or burn off some gas which gets annoying! I have read of adding a wedge (I have a stock plate currently) or an R&D/Shredmaster plate to help out. Would you guys recommend I get either or both? I just did the freeflow + water box delete and air intake, but I doubt that removed that much weight to cause that much of an imbalance. My brother has the same ski and it doesn't do that regardless of water conditions.

I'm also a big boned 220 pounder if that means anything!

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KaWiDude View Post
    I recently added a UMI steering system to my 15F and because of the more forward riding position, my nose it plowing pretty bad- even if I lean back. If I top off my tank then I have waves coming over my hood until I get on plane or burn off some gas which gets annoying! I have read of adding a wedge (I have a stock plate currently) or an R&D/Shredmaster plate to help out. Would you guys recommend I get either or both? I just did the freeflow + water box delete and air intake, but I doubt that removed that much weight to cause that much of an imbalance. My brother has the same ski and it doesn't do that regardless of water conditions.

I'm also a big boned 220 pounder if that means anything!

Thanks!
    I had a wedge on my 15f and didn't notice that much of a difference except it made for some good wave jumping, actually it slowed the ski down a bit. You can try it but I think you could try adjusting your riding position and sitting back further. The shred master plate could help too. good luck to ya

+1
    Stand with your weight further back, as I have to do on my very-similar 12f "nose-low submarine". Full tank of fuel doesn't help, either. Once the power comes up, she is fine

Thread Information