Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dropped Tools

Dropped Tools

I have managed to drop a wrench and a bolt under my engine. The thing is that the engine appears to have eaten the the stuff because I can not locate it. Does anyone have a picture of a 2007 RXT hull with the engine removed so I can see the crevices if the hull where a wrench might be hiding? I have already tried lifting the trailer and waving a magnet retrieval tool.
    I am used to my old gsx-rfi.. when I dropped a tool or a bolt in there I would just take it on a quick ride with the trim all the way up and everything would roll to back of the ski where I could remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by zacwin View Post
    I have managed to drop a wrench and a bolt under my engine. The thing is that the engine appears to have eaten the the stuff because I can not locate it. Does anyone have a picture of a 2007 RXT hull with the engine removed so I can see the crevices if the hull where a wrench might be hiding? I have already tried lifting the trailer and waving a magnet retrieval tool.
    I am used to my old gsx-rfi.. when I dropped a tool or a bolt in there I would just take it on a quick ride with the trim all the way up and everything would roll to back of the ski where I could remove it.

Use a piece of hose with a magnet attached to the end

+1
    1) Lift tongue of trailer as far as possible may result in parts sliding to rear, under SC area.

2) retractable magnet tool. start under the SC and go slow. Even if the part is NOT magnetic, the tool should be able to locate the part and push, pull, manuever the part to within grasp.

3) Attach a coat hanger to a small cloth, towel, etc. Insert the hanger at front of engine and pull hanger from rear of engine...should pull the part to the rear and within grasp.

4) remove engine.

5) Buy a replacement part.

+1^^ as stupid as this may sound I attached fishing line to the end of my wrench so this wouldn't happen again

+1
    Find someone with smaller hands. My wife got the throttle body bolt I was trying to get for 2 hrs in 3 min.

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by slow07rxp View Post
    +1^^ as stupid as this may sound I attached fishing line to the end of my wrench so this wouldn't happen again
    LOL awesome

+1
    Air hose

+1
    Tip the trailer and use the garden hose to flush it out.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

hungry hulls

I recently lost a brandy new craftsman 3-8 ratchet in a waverunner hull..that really sucked...I couldn't get it and while I was screwing around with all of the above tried and true methods, my cell phone ended up falling out of my pocket and took a quick trip to the bottom of the test tank.

Actually, I prefer hulls that are hungry for tools. The ones hungry for blood cost far far more then a shiny new tool. I might get that one back..it's a friendly customer. I asked him to be on the lookout for it.

you can always tell something by what comes out of a hull when you are magnet fishing. Typically razor sharp old rusted hose clamps are a typical find.

So, I can drive my '05 GTX with a 6" long ratchet extension bouncing around in the engine area???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information