Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke oil

2 stroke oil

was at the store looking at it whats the difference for the stuff that says its for pwc's and the stuff that just says for marine use besides the 10 dollar price difference

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    There are lots of existing threads discussing 2-stroke oils, brands, and specs.

Cheap 'Marine' 2-stroke oil is meant for outboard motors.

TCW3 oil is the minimum spec oil for Polaris PWC.

Don't go too cheap on the oil. A PWC engine is high output and high RPM, and the oil quality is important to engine life.

I suggest you look for a good quality synthetic or semi-synthetic oil.

I use Amsoil HP Injector oil. There are a number of good oils on the market.

I agree dont get cheap walmart oil. I run Klotz oil but the best oil for the price I would say is amsoil. http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx

i was gonna buy a brand they offerd called quick silver for pwc that was full synthetic
    i run synthetics in everything

+1
    Some of the best "cheap" oil that i've found is citgo sea and snow. It has some of the best ratings an oil can get and is under $12/gallon around here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dess03 View Post
    i was gonna buy a brand they offered called quick silver for pwc that was full synthetic
    i run synthetics in everything
    Check the oil ratings for that oil.

You want TCW3 or better.

You don't want API-TC, which is for SeaDoo 2-strokes.

+1

Amsoil works

Go with the AMSOIL INTERCEPTOR I have used if for years I put it in my MSX 140 when it was new in 2003 and got 310 hours on the ski winter of 2008 I thought it would be a good time to rebuild the engine or at least take it apart and inspect it There was nothing wrong with it compression was standard and all the main bearings where is great shape pistons had almost no wear, cylinder where cherry.
    So I took that crank and cylinders put them in a set of good cases with new pistons and now I have a spare engine in a box for later.
    I installed a brand new crank, new cylinders that I have had for a few years along with SPI pistons now I have 130 hours on the new rebuild I switched to AMSOIL DOMINATOR witch is a even better oil because I wanted 1 oil for all my watercraft Including my MATRIX and I bet I will see 500 hours and im running it throw the oil injector.
    THE OIL WORKS!!!!!

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Promotions and Announcements
    Why does AMSOIL DOMINATOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR) Say* Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected?
    In order to obtain the highest level of protection, the AMSOIL Dominator Racing oil contains what is referred to as ash-type chemistry. Though this type of chemistry provides the additional safety margin required in racing it also tends to allow for additional deposit formation within the combustion chamber. The rate of formation is slow but over the course of many seasons of operation, it could present a problem in certain PWC applications. In competition, engines are inspected or rebuilt frequently. That being the case, ash-type chemistry and hence deposit formation is never really a concern. In an application in which the equipment may run for years without inspection or cleaning, the possibility of a concern does exist. Hence, the reason for our warning statement you noted. If you have performed some serious engine modifications, the AMSOIL Dominator would be the preferred product. You would just have to remember to inspect it for combustion chamber deposits every few years.

Hope this helps out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    I find Note 3 to be interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    ...Why does AMSOIL DOMINATOR™ Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil (TDR) Say* Not suitable for long-term use in outboard motors as a TC-W3 type oil, although excellent as a race oil for short-term use where motors are periodically inspected?...

Hope this helps out...
    It is useful information, but I was referring to Note 3, not Note 1

(3) For applications calling for a TC-W3 product use the recommendations listed under Outboards.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information