VX Engine Problem??!?

Looking for any help I can get that could solve my problem. I went out to the lake for the 3rd time this year and my ski ran fine for the first hour. Then as i was going along wide WOT down the lake, the ski suddenly slowed to 25 mph and the rpms went down even though i still had the throttle pinned. I let off the throttle then hammered it and things returned to normal. The ski went back up to 45mph, i played around some like normal then during a turn, the ski done the same thing again.

It feel as though all power is being cut from the engine. This isnt a problem during the first hour of operation though and it seemed to worsen and happen more often the longer i rode.

Yes i already checked the key fob to make sure it wasnt in slow mode. I have a new battery if that would make a diffrence. I checked to make sure nothing was wrong with the pump and its all good. The ski did set all winter with a full tank of fuel with stabil in it but I have almost ran the old fuel out because today i filled it up with half a tank of new fuel before heading out. Ski also only has 36 hours on it.

So, whats ur diagnosis or what is a good first place to look for trouble? Im pulling my hair out over this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSwiney10 View Post
    Looking for any help I can get that could solve my problem. I went out to the lake for the 3rd time this year and my ski ran fine for the first hour. Then as i was going along wide WOT down the lake, the ski suddenly slowed to 25 mph and the rpms went down even though i still had the throttle pinned. I let off the throttle then hammered it and things returned to normal. The ski went back up to 45mph, i played around some like normal then during a turn, the ski done the same thing again.

It feel as though all power is being cut from the engine. This isnt a problem during the first hour of operation though and it seemed to worsen and happen more often the longer i rode.

Yes i already checked the key fob to make sure it wasnt in slow mode. I have a new battery if that would make a diffrence. I checked to make sure nothing was wrong with the pump and its all good. The ski did set all winter with a full tank of fuel with stabil in it but I have almost ran the old fuel out because today i filled it up with half a tank of new fuel before heading out. Ski also only has 36 hours on it.

So, whats ur diagnosis or what is a good first place to look for trouble? Im pulling my hair out over this.
    Plugs....start there. They foul easy on the MR-1 engine, more so after sitting for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JSwiney10 View Post

(The first two usually get the problem solved)
    Check/Replace Plugs
    Try new fuel
    Make sure the engine is being cooled (Pissers are showing good water output)
    Check for codes

how do i check for codes?

I'm gonna try new plugs today but it seemed to me that if the plugs were the problem, the ski would run poorly as soon as it was on the water but for the first hour, it runs without a hiccup. I checked and the cooling system is fine and he pump area isn't clogged up.

Thread Information